iOS 10 / djiGO app response slow

Reaction score
is it just me or does changing from photo to video take around 15 seconds and if I want to start shooting a movie on the app it starts recording around 15 seconds after pressing to record?

Taking a photo is normal but recording and changing to record isn't.

iOS 10, iPhone 7 and iPad 4

Reactions: garuda
I've noticed this problem as well just last night. Today I tried looking into the problem and now have no internet connection through my phantom and it also says I need a firmware upgrade. So far i'm not having any luck finding answers. I'll report back if I find anything.

I've noticed that it's telling me I need a firmware upgrade too, just in a different way. I won't be doing that though ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just did the firmware upgrade and everything seems to be working fine. It took me awhile to get the option to upgrade through the app. I have no idea why it finally gave me the option but after the upgrade the camera to video switches instantly as well as the video recording. My auto take off command timeout problem went away as well.

Reactions: garuda
I've noticed this problem as well just last night. Today I tried looking into the problem and now have no internet connection through my phantom and it also says I need a firmware upgrade. So far i'm not having any luck finding answers. I'll report back if I find anything.
This: "now have no internet connection through my phantom"
maybe
This: Standard - No Internet connection

Rod

I flew today after updating firmware today to v1.6.8 and had no issues with auto take off or with the camera/video commands. I was losing wifi signal at about 1,300 feet. I was getting strong interference warning though at the location I was flying so I don't know if it was related to the firmware upgrade or not. I'll have to try flying at a familiar location and see what happens.

Thanks folks for discussions of this topic.
I had the same issue too:
- slow respon when switching between video to camera, vice versa.
Plus another problems:
- couldn't apply intelligent flight mode. After I set all parameters for POI, it always failed and mentioned by a yellow words: "cannot enter current flight mode, command timeout"

I was browsing and at last, found the discussion here. I immdtly did updating firmware..... and the 'slow respon switching problem' solved

I still don't know about my second problem: 'can't apply intelligent mode'. Let's see tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's also already fixed.

Thank you

She is flying terribly. I had issues when updating the firmware before with losing signal at very short distances and when I downgraded the firmware all was perfect. Looks like I'll be downgrading again

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

UPDATE 2: Oct. 8, 2016 Upgraded to 1.6.8 after Lagging issue with 3.0 . IOS 10 on my P3S. Worked awesome! Took it on a test flight at my favorite spot. With first flight which was a 400' hover. Last flight, with Skyreat, made it out to 2800 feet and 150' altitude before first signal alert. I am sure I could have gone further but I didn't want to push it. I am very happy with the performance. These were my highest and longest flights to date, and first use of Skyreat. By the way, I am a newbie, I have only had quad for 2 weeks.

Hello, new to the forum!
I have an iPhone 5 and the P3S
I had the very same issue you mentioned at first, very short range with the 1.6.8, and a slow app response with the 1.5.7. Between the two, I chose the 1.5.7, as it allowed for my to fly further. I don't know if this will work for you, but I deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone, deleting as well all the cache, etc. Then , I reopened it, connected to my drone, and the problem persisted. Without switching off the drone nor the RC, I exited the app and relaunched again, and it worked! I made a test flight afterwards, and didn't have any lag issues! I have had the drone for a few time, therefore I have not had the opportunity to test the max flight distance, but I do not have the range issues I had with the 1.6.8

Hello, new to the forum!
I have an iPhone 5 and the P3S
I had the very same issue you mentioned at first, very short range with the 1.6.8, and a slow app response with the 1.5.7. Between the two, I chose the 1.5.7, as it allowed for my to fly further. I don't know if this will work for you, but I deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone, deleting as well all the cache, etc. Then , I reopened it, connected to my drone, and the problem persisted. Without switching off the drone nor the RC, I exited the app and relaunched again, and it worked! I made a test flight afterwards, and didn't have any lag issues! I have had the drone for a few time, therefore I have not had the opportunity to test the max flight distance, but I do not have the range issues I had with the 1.6.8

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your input!

Yes, this iOS 10 and the Dji-go have been really busy.
For the rest, what iPhone 5 do you have.
Differences Between iPhone 5/5c/5s and iPhone 6/6 Plus @ EveryiPhone.com

For myself my 2 year agreement was up Nov 2015 for my 4s.
Skip the 5 and go for the 6?

Rod

Thanks!
I have the iPhone 5, the first one (no C, no S), 16 Gb. I haven't had any issues with the app (except the above commented), but I have checked out on the DJI website, and apparently the app is optimized for iPhone 5s and above. If you're doubting between choosing the 5 or the 6, if you can afford it, I'd go for the 6. It will last longer, will be faster and you'll have a bigger screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1