IOS 10 and GO app 3.0

Reaction score
Has anyone done enough flying with this combination to know if it's stable? There have been a lot of reports from people using IOS 10 with wi-fi Phantoms -(P3 4K etc)- complaining of lack of range/severe video lag, and I wondered if any of the problems carry over into the P4 and P3P, or whether it's all sorted and safe to update.
I'm still using IOS 9.3.5 and GO app 2.9.2

Last edited:
Has anyone done enough flying with this combination to know if it's stable? There have been a lot of reports from people using IOS 10 with wi-fi Phantoms -(P3 4K etc)- complaining of lack of range/severe video lag, and I wondered if any of the problems carry over into the P4 and P3P, or whether it's all sorted and safe to update.
I've had no problems so far. I am in the habit of deleting the old DJI App and re-installing the new one.

Reactions: rockydog
I fly the Standard and the P3 4k and am up-to-date on everything . I have 0 issues with mine .
The most of the issue's I'm seeing are from folks in CE mode . I'm sure some in FCC are having some issue but I just am not .
Lag is not an issue ,
Range...naaaa
IMG_6021.PNG 4K with 3.0 app and latest firmware . Flew the standard yesterday also and 10'k not an issue .

My setup is as follows:
  • DJI Go app v3.0.0 (2720)
  • iPad Air2 - 128 GB Wifi only (iOS v10.0.2)
  • Phantom 4 (firmware version 01.02.0503)
  • 64 GB Class 10 SDCard
  • RC GL300C
All works fine, just as it did prior to Go v3.

The only issue I had is that app doesn't play well if you use a third-party soft keyboard such as Google's GBoard--specifically when setting RTH altitude or max altitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockydog
I just got tried flying today after my IPad Pro was upgraded to IOS 10 and DJI 3.0.0. The video was effective unusable. From takeoff through the maximum distance I flew it, ~2000ft, the video constantly broke up and pixelated. Tried different channels and decode rates to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

On my views, those saying all works as normal are not using ie the grid, C2 button + right wheel etc.

Taking in consideration the various regression issues we have identified recently vs previous GO app 2.9 version and confirmed by several users.

Last edited:
On my views, those saying all works as normal are not using ie the grid, C2 button + right wheel etc.
My setup is as follows:
  • DJI Go app v3.0.0 (2720)
  • iPad Air2 - 128 GB Wifi only (iOS v10.0.2)
  • Phantom 4 (firmware version 01.02.0503)
  • 64 GB Class 10 SDCard
  • RC GL300C
All works fine, just as it did prior to Go v3.

The only issue I had is that app doesn't play well if you use a third-party soft keyboard such as Google's GBoard--specifically when setting RTH altitude or max altitude.

I use the grid on every flight. I also (only once) used the gimbal-wheel/C2 adjustment in-flight. It worked.

C2+Exposure jog wheel worked for you on 3.0.0?
I believe I was already on 3.0 when I did it. It did seem like there was a lengthy delay before I saw the horizon change on my iPad (about 2-3 seconds). I'll double check on my next flight (or maybe in my living room).

Also please check the grid: ie from usual display used in flight with camera feed and grid enabled, go to DJI (top left DJI word) and back. Grid should be lost. Just one example, there is other ways to loose the grid such after camera tilt adjustment.

Note GO app 3.0.0 updated, not deleted and reinstalled.

Thanks for checking, we would be surprised if works for you.

Last edited:
Another bug with the new icon for camera/video swap:

From video mode, use this icon to swap to photo mode and take a picture: for the first photo the camera shutter sound will be missing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20