IOC

Reaction score
I can't get my quad into IOC mode. When I try to check the IOC box it won't let me. Then at the bottom left it says GPS NEEDED

Larry S said:
I can't get my quad into IOC mode. When I try to check the IOC box it won't let me. Then at the bottom left it says GPS NEEDED

make sure your transmitter is on and in GPS mode

are the led's blinking to confirm no gps signals being found ?

You may have to remove the top shell, and verify the cable is plugged into the Naza controller.
Also, the compass plugs into the gps module at the top of the shell, make certain both compass ends are secure.

If you still get the error, either take it back to your dealer, if it's new, and you can wait for a replacement, or
purchase a new gps unit.

Audaciter,,when I plug it upto the computer and flip the switch to GPS. It still says altitude mode. It's like it doesn't recognize GPS. If I look at the wires how will I know where it is suppose to plug into. Thanks for the help

Audaciter,,when I plug it upto the computer and flip the switch to GPS. It still says altitude mode. It's like it doesn't recognize GPS. If I look at the wires how will I know where it is suppose to plug into. Thanks for the help

When you take the top shell off, be careful as the gps wires are short. The gps module is at the top of the shell, covered
with a grey foam EMI shielding material, Do not remove this material.
The wires from the gps will plug into the port marked "EXP" on the Naza controller.

All the diagrams, etc can be found on the DJI website. Just find Phantom in the product section, then navigate to downloads,
and you will see the available manuals, and software for your Phantom.

The Phantom is nothing more than a dressed up DJI Flame Wheel 330. I even found FW330 on my esc's.

Hope it's just unplugged, as a gps module is around $150.

Have you tried connecting to the Naza Assistant software, and see if there are errors ? You might try doing that,
and do an advanced calibration, even if it says you don't need to.

P.S Errors will show up at the bottom of the screen.

Afterwards, reboot and check your switch again, before disassembly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.