IOC with firmware 3.16

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just upgraded to 3.16, and I have the following issues/questions:

Course lock:
According to the documentation the directions should be automatically recorded when booting the quad, and then switching to Course Lock would use these recorded directions. However, course lock did not work for me at all. The quad always flew towards its nose when I pushed the forward stick. I had to manually record the direction (landing the quad, switching X1 between Off and CL a few times, and then leaving it on CL). Is this normal?

Home lock:
According to the docs, the home position is recorded at boot time (if enough gps satellites are found), and this is indicated by the green led quickly blinking. This was the case for me this afternoon, but still, when I flew out of a 10m circle, home lock still did not work. I will do a more careful check tomorrow when my battery is charged again.

Just finished upgrading to that nightmare 3.16 and so far all is good. I did notice a new protocol on startup though. After warming up and finding sats instead of the long green flashes to show it has recorded home position, it did that, then two green flashes, then long green flashes again, then single green flashes. I wonder if IOC has changed? Maybe there are two types of Home and Course signals?

@roadkilt
It might be warning of an error I read somewhere that if you get a second string of green as you describe it is an indication that the phantom has been moved since initilizing but of course you didn't so beware its a gps error possibly
Had that problem myself
or maybe you have to do the compass spin around routine a couple of times

Remember that you have to enable course lock and home lock in the NAZA assistant for them to work. I'm still using 3.14, so I don't know going to 3.16 resets this.

bumper

If you have plugged your Phantom into your PC and you got a compass calibration error as most people seemed to then the software assistant disabled the IOC as it does not work without a compass. Once your compass is calibrated you need to connect your Phantom back into your PC and go into the IOC screen and ensure that the little check box at the top left is checked if it isn't then your IOC is disabled. Lots of people have missed this during the upgrade. Just make sure the box is checked and your good to go. I don't start the motors on my Phantom until is see the string of green lights flashing in gps mode or yellow ones in att mode.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik