IOC switch.

Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased a second hand phantom 1 which had a broken IOC CL/HL switch on the transmitter/controller that was locked in the OFF position.
I always fly in GPS mode and the craft flies beautifully.
I replaced the switch with a new one and the craft still flies beautifully. However, the craft does not respond to HL or CL even with the new switch fitted. (I've followed all the instructions on YouTube showing how to complete the task but still no response).
It's annoying me because I don't want to keep turning the controller off when I get in trouble and would rather use the HL switch to rescue the craft should I need to.
Any help would Ba much appreciated.

Ps attached is a picture of the new switch after I installed it.

Thanks

Shandy. (Phantom 1 from Reading UK)

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434001188.180118.jpg

Welcome to the party Shandy,

Have you gone into the NAZA assistant and checked the box which says "Intelligent Orientation Control"?

This will help you find things here. It's Google Custom Search for just our forum.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Enjoy the show... :)

Thanks. Can I do this on a Mac?

I believe you can.
Use the search link I gave you and enter "NAZA assistant on a mac".

Lemme know how you do. ;)

Be sure you calibrate the IMU and do the RC stick control calibration. You may want to set it up for Naza flying and set the bottom position od the s1 switch for Failsafe. That way you just flip a switch rather than turn,off the RC. All calibrations are of the upmost importance. Especially the IMU.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Thanks for the advise. I'm new to all this and haven't even plugged the craft into the laptop yet!
It's flying so well at the moment I'm a bit scared of causing an issue with it but at the same time wanting all the switches and buttons to perform as they should.
Will plug in and investigate over the next few days.

Thanks for the advise. I'm new to all this and haven't even plugged the craft into the laptop yet!
It's flying so well at the moment I'm a bit scared of causing an issue with it but at the same time wanting all the switches and buttons to perform as they should.
Will plug in and investigate over the next few days.

Look at some of the posts by "Beario". He has mentioned that his wife's bird has never been upgraded from the original firmware and it gets better satellite reception than his. He also does mods to his and his wife won't let him touch hers... LOL. Starting a conversation with him might be easier than searching.

Regardless whether you want to plug it in, you really should do it as RoyVa suggests.
If the IMU gets too far out of calibration, you will not be able to start the motors.

There is a lot of good information in the NAZA assistant. You can also set limits on height and distance. Set your distance to 100 meters, and you won't have to worry about it getting too far away while you are trying to figure out which direction it is pointed. :eek:
When you get more comfortable, you can always change the limits.

Had a look at the NAZA last night and found it really helpful.
However, I think it maybe my soldering that's at fault as it wasn't moving between the options very well when I toggled the IOC switch on the transmitter.
Will re solder and have another look at some point.
Thanks everyone.

Had a look at the NAZA last night and found it really helpful.
However, I think it maybe my soldering that's at fault as it wasn't moving between the options very well when I toggled the IOC switch on the transmitter.
Will re solder and have another look at some point.
Thanks everyone.

Cool Shandy, keep us posted.

New IOC switch replaced on transmitter (by an electronics friend who did a superb job). Hooked it up to the NAZA software, ticked the little box in it he IOC screen and took it out for a fly.
BRILLIANT! Everything functioning as it should including course lock and fail safe.
Thank you everyone for the advise and happy flying[emoji3]

Reactions: IflyinWY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic