IOC question

Reaction score
Is it normal to have to turn IOC off/on for each flight? So even if I'm set to home lock when I turn on, I won't see the yellow blink until I actually flip it to off then back on.

socman said:
Is it normal to have to turn IOC off/on for each flight? So even if I'm set to home lock when I turn on, I won't see the yellow blink until I actually flip it to off then back on.

that's odd
tho I think most of us start up and take off with it off anyhow. then turn it on mid-flight.

auck said:
ioc is off by default. you need to turn it "on" in naza assistant.
I did. However each flight I have to switch it off then on for the controller to get it to actually work. Or are you telling me there is another option setting I have to turn on?

socman said:
auck said:
I did. However each flight I have to switch it off then on for the controller to get it to actually work. Or are you telling me there is another option setting I have to turn on?
Is your phantom with firmware 3.12 updated ?
You must wait around 1.5 to 3 minutes until it records Home Lock position. You'll see a led sequence 20 times GREEN. Suggest always set GPS mode before power your phantom. It works for me.

jumanoc said:
socman said:
auck said:
Is your phantom with firmware 3.12 updated ?
You must wait around 1.5 to 3 minutes until it records Home Lock position. You'll see a led sequence 20 times GREEN. Suggest always set GPS mode before power your phantom. It works for me.
Yes the latest firmware. And yes I wait for it to warm up, lock in its home position and all that. But until I turn the IOC switch off to on, it will not flash the yellow to show IOC is enabled.

IOC either CL or HL is for emergency recovery when you lost the orientation of your Phantom, so it should be OFF until the moment notices. However, you have to make sure that the Home position is successfully recorded, either automatically at start up/warm up or manually set that yourself by flipping the IOC switch 4-5 times (OFF/CL for nose direction; CL/HL for home position and don't forget to flip back to OFF).
Also if you plan to fly afar, fly your beloved Phantom out for more than 10 meters or so then test BOTH CL and HL function.
HL requires 6 or more satellites but CL only needs the compass to work.

I still don't understand your question," I won't see the yellow blink until I actually flip it to off then back on."

I don't agree that it's "for emergency recovery" as someone noted. It can just be fun to fly that way. It makes it easy to film in any direction.

But, it can be confusing. I have never tried starting out in one of the modes, but I'll check it. Note that HL can be confusing as it does not activate until you are 30 feet away from the take off point. Within that 30 feet, it will fly in CL mode until you go beyond it.

So, if you have your switch set to HL, the Phantom will automatically switch between CL and HL as you move in and out of the 30 foot range of take off.

I fly in CL mode ALWAYS, unless using fpv. I have just grown to flip it off to on before I even start the motors, and it works every time.

Isnt really a big deal I guess, just was curious if it was a bug in my phantom or how it works for everyone.

Darrell1 said:
the Phantom will automatically switch between CL and HL as you move in and out of the 30 foot range of take off.

Only if the GPS detects more than 6 satellites, then it is still in CL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers