IOC not working

Reaction score
Hi, Guy. I got a problem that my phantom has no response to CL/HL switch. I had checked it with NASA assistant software. No error code reported. Advanced calibration done. IOC turned on and switch on remote functioned normally in software test. However, on field, I followed all sequences that lights green and GPS locked. It flied smoothly with GPS mode and hovering steadily. ATTI mode is also working normally. But, phantom showed no response to CL/HL switch, and it goes as the same of IOC off, showing no reference to the take off location. Do you ever experience so? Or anyone knows what's going on or what I can do to check or resolve it.

Thanks much, Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks, I did have it flied away from starting point more than 20meters.
And also it's strange that, it comes to work on some field occasionally.
I can't figure out what's making it work and out of order.

When I fly with IOC, I will actually turn it on before I take off. One thing to note is that even if you have your controllers set to HL or CL mode when you put the battery in, it will not work.
I actually wait until the phantom is powered on....and it is warmed up and has all satellite connection before i turn it to HL or CL mode. Meaning, I switch it to OFF and then to HL or CL.

Only after I do that do I notice the green->yellow flashing to indicate the CL or HL mode is engaged.

Also, this allows the orientation to work correctly. I have noticed previously that if I turn on CL or HL mode in the air, and the phantom is not oriented towards me that the CL/HL mode will not be true to me. Meaning, it will lock its direction with the direction it is facing when you enable CL/HL. That is why I only turn the mode on before I even lift off.

Also, I stand about 10-15 yards away when I take off. Never have had a problem getting CL/HL to work when I followed the above.

now not saying this will help you, but its worth giving it a try.

I thought HL flew toward the transmitter when you pull Atti toward you. Do I have that wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edunwody said:
I thought HL flew toward the transmitter when you pull Atti toward you. Do I have that wrong?

Well remember the Phantom has no idea where the transmitter is. With GPS info it can determine its current location relative to the 'Home Point'. The home point may or may not be particularly near the transmitter. In home lock, if the Phantom is more than 10m from the home point, pulling the right stick (assuming mode 2 transmitter setup) toward you will cause the Phantom to fly toward the home point along a straight line from the home point to its current location. If the stick is held, the Phantom will continue toward the home point until it is within 10 m when its flight mode behavior will switch from Home Lock to Course Lock...

Steve

I stand corrected. Didn't think that all the way out.

E

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik