IOC Mode

Reaction score
Is IOC on by default? If not why? From what I understand about it. It would improve gps mode when using.

extrememc said:
Is IOC on by default? If not why? From what I understand about it. It would improve gps mode when using.

No, it is off by default and you need to enable it in the software before you can use it.

Software on remote or quad? Have you enabled yours? If so how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
Software on remote or quad? Have you enabled yours? If so how do you like it?

You would use the RC Assistant software to do this.

Nice thing about IOC is even if you "enable" it, you can still toggle it on/off from the transmitter. I think most people would prefer it not be on for normal flight, but if they are shooting a specific object or something in a specific direction, I imagine it may make it easier to "lock" onto the object and not worry about orientation.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

It makes sense that Phantoms ship with IOC turned off (along with Failsafe/Manual mode disabled on the other switch)
so that new users don't inadvertnetly don't get into trouble, and are forced to learn about it first before enabling it.

It's in the the PT2 assistant software, not the RC assistant. In the advanced tab there is a sub tab for IOC.

Just to elaborate, its in the top right hand corner of the PT2 Assistant software - click on "Phantom 2" and it will give you some warnings and then change to NAZA-M.

CJ31 said:
It's in the the PT2 assistant software, not the RC assistant. In the advanced tab there is a sub tab for IOC.

So I need to download P2 Assistant Sofware then plug in my P2 and change the IOC setting there?

extrememc said:
CJ31 said:

So I need to download P2 Assistant Sofware then plug in my P2 and change the IOC setting there?

Yes

Just to elaborate, its in the top right hand corner of the PT2 Assistant software - click on "Phantom 2" and it will give you some warnings and then change to NAZA-M.
Good point. Forgot to mention to do that 1st.

Yes. You should really do this anyway to make sure you have the latest firmware and to calibrate.

What needs calibrated?

The sticks. This is a pretty thorough walk thru of the software...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv37d5DoNQA[/youtube]

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair