IOC - Home Lock ... Naza.... so confused..

Reaction score
I have P2 non vision.
I am ready for my first flight but I am so confused...

Do I need to download a software to use IOC?
I am a mac user.

I'd fly it as is (Both Toggle Switches UP) in GPS mode some before enabling NAZA mode.

I'd flown mine 5 or 6 times before I changed to the NAZA. Need to study the CL and HL functions! I use HL more than CL.

xavpil said:
I have P2 non vision.
I am ready for my first flight but I am so confused...

Do I need to download a software to use IOC?
I am a mac user.

please look around the interwebs for more details, but here are the basics:
out of the box the default mode of your flight computer is called Phantom Mode. You're basically locked into GPS mode where the Phantom always attempts to hold it's position when you release the control sticks. It's really the best mode to learn the product initially. In this mode, both the little silver toggle switches don't really have much function in terms of the flight computer during flight: you still can use them to initiate a compass calibration, or manually trigger Failsafe/RTH but ATTI / IOC modes are not enabled.

If/when you decide you're ready for the more advanced mode, you do indeed have to use the Phantom Assistant software and switch the flight computer to Naza mode. Now the right toggle switch on the remote does indeed function and change how the Phantom acts during flight. GPS mode is basically like Phantom mode above, easy. You can now flip that right toggle switch down once for ATTI: now the Phantom will drift with the wind, and also does not "stop" itself when you release the sticks... for example if you're moving forward and release the stick instead of the Phantom stopping, it will just drift forward until you apply counter-thrust yourself.

IOC modes are NOT enabled by default when you switch to Naza mode. If you decide you want them, again in the Phantom Assistant software (you must be in Naza mode) you can tick the box to enable IOC modes. Once enabled, with the toggle in ATTI you can use the left toggle to switch into Course-Lock or Home-Lock flight modes, which change how your phantom reacts to stick movements. for example, in Home Lock mode, up/down on the right stick are no longer "lateral forward" and "lateral backward", they are "go away" and "come towards" the home point.

definitely look into the IOC modes more yourself, there are plenty of youtube videos out there.

me, I run my flight computer in Naza so I can use ATTI flight mode when I want it (it'll give you a little more lateral speed than GPS mode) but I don't really even use IOC modes. Some guys say they are useful for getting certain types of camera shots but I've never needed it personally

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie