IOC feature set to compete with DJI?

Reaction score
I follow OFM on youtube. I like Ali's style... he has always been very helpful to me in the past months when I bothered him with tech questions- he has answered them all very honestly and rather quickly considering I do not own, nor have I ever bought anything from him, and he has regular paying customers who spend a lot of money on his aerial rigs.

I was taken aback when I saw this video yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA8LcHMuJCk

Very interesting feature set on the flight controller- almost a dummy proof set up and I am very curious to see how this product offering works out.

I know this may be in poor taste in a DJI forum, but I have always been more about the hobby in general, and rarely do I not always keep my eyes open on new toys.

Watch the vid- listen to how he demonstrates the RTH with control, and the ability to yaw while on CL mode. Lots of very interesting features not available on a Naza.

Hiway said:
Watch the vid- listen to how he demonstrates the RTH with control, and the ability to yaw while on CL mode. Lots of very interesting features not available on a Naza.

You can yaw on CL with the Phantom.

neiloakley said:

You can yaw on CL with the Phantom.
Yes- but not like it is flying in manual mode as for speed and agility. This thing seems much faster and much more nimble than my Phantom flew before putting the gimbal and stuff on. I cannot say for certain though.

OI Photography said:
If you want to see a real impressive feature set, check out Arducopter controllers like the Pixhawk.

No argument here... that is the most fascinating thing I have seen... but I also see reports and some murmurs of problems also... so I wait... for the bugs to get worked out.

Hiway said:
I follow OFM on youtube. I like Ali's style... he has always been very helpful to me in the past months when I bothered him with tech questions- he has answered them all very honestly and rather quickly considering I do not own, nor have I ever bought anything from him, and he has regular paying customers who spend a lot of money on his aerial rigs.

I was taken aback when I saw this video yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA8LcHMuJCk

Very interesting feature set on the flight controller- almost a dummy proof set up and I am very curious to see how this product offering works out.

I know this may be in poor taste in a DJI forum, but I have always been more about the hobby in general, and rarely do I not always keep my eyes open on new toys.

Hiway,
I follow Ali too and yes he's a straight up guy. I think we're going to see more Phantom like rigs with updated features that's a given. (It wasn't in poor taste posting this, we're all looking for a stable platform) Thanks for the info.

Talk about attack of the clones. That and the Walkera look identical to the Phantom. The Walkera, other than the landing gear, looks remarkably similar right down to the LED lights underneath.

I get that they want to ride the coattails but seriously, how about a little industrial design creativity please!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.