IOC (course lock)...or not?

Reaction score
First lemme say how jazzed I am to have flown this weekend for the first time since getting my new P3P. (...here in Maryland, the weather finally cooperated, wind died down, temps in the low 50's) I've been flying a Walkera QR 350 pro for the past year and as good as that quad is for the price, the P3P is a HUGE step up.

Here's the question...do you prefer to fly with IOC or not and why?

Just trying to get a sense of how useful this is for P3P pilots. Meanwhile here's a couple of shots from the maiden voyage. cheers!

DJI 2.JPG
DJI 1.JPG

Reactions: ObiDon
Opinion varies but I am not a professional photographer so I am not so much into taking pre-planned well thought shots. I shoot what I like it. That's why IOC is not a must for me. Flying is fun at site and watching shooting results is a pleasure in my home studio/ office.

i tend to fly without IOC. Easier to frame simple shots, but more complex shots = IOC!

I find ioc great for taking moving video of stationary subjects...you can maintain a direction "zip line" and focus the camera on the subject...all other flying is done in p mode

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What about the notion that IOC just makes line of sight flying a lot easier without the added burden keeping your orientation correct when flying in circles?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4