IOC - Course Lock & Home Lock video for newbies

Reaction score
Hello.

We have been getting LOTS of questions about IOC, what is it, do I need it, etc. So testing out the adage that a picture speaks a thousand words (and saves a thousand repeat threads, searches, all that jazz) here's something I knocked up on the infamous kitchen table last night.

Using the medium of Lego™ Star Wars™ (other brick systems are available) and an old warhorse Hubsan X4 I made this video to explain what it is. I do NOT explain how to activate it, but give you an idea about what it does and when you might use it. Then you can go and search and read up on how to activate it and how to use it properly. In the video I advise you to learn to fly in standard mode first, though - don't get used to aids that one day might disappear on you if your sat reception is dodgy...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P6SSj0qTcM[/youtube]

LandYachtMedia I told you I'd steal your analogy, but I do credit you in the description and link to your website! :)

If it hadn't been the middle of the night (my little girl was struggling with Chicken Pox, so I was waiting for the next trip up to settle her, give Calpol, etc) I would have gone into my son's room and grabbed one of his little Lego man radios - trouble is they are all black. I could have painted it white... But then people would really start to worry about me.

Pull_Up said:
If it hadn't been the middle of the night (my little girl was struggling with Chicken Pox, so I was waiting for the next trip up to settle her, give Calpol, etc) I would have gone into my son's room and grabbed one of his little Lego man radios - trouble is they are all black. I could have painted it white... But then people would really start to worry about me.

you've got Tippex haven't you? :lol:

Thank pull up....I made the switch a couple weeks ago into IOC mode, but haven't had a chance to fly yet (Chicaglond article weather) ...but have been trying to absorb all of the input you guys have been sharing on this subject.

Can't wait to try HL and CL AND ATTI......and equally exciting, to see the RAW images.

*why does a British accent make even a mundane demonstration like this seem more interesting?? Are we Americans that easily amused?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.