IOC and battery issues today

Reaction score
Today I encountered two strange issues. Any ideas?

1. I normally fly in course-lock mode. Today my phantom kept "losing" course-lock. (meaning that course-lock disengaged for some reason, and the phantom reverted to "normal" mode. (switch was still in course-lock position). Just flipping the switch to "off" and back to "course lock" would re-engage course-lock.). This happened a few times today.

2. Battery was still at 76% and all of a sudden the alarm of my iphone sounded, and the battery indicator turned red. Also the lights on the phantom started blinking red. Next, it looks like the phantom went into some sort of auto-landing mode and started to descend slowly. I touched the throttle to see if I still hd control, and the phantom would ascend as a reaction. However, when I let go of the sticks it started to descend again and landed perfectly. (this seemed to be a very controlled landing).
BTW: It didn't fly back to the home position, but just descended at the position were it was at that time. About 20 meters from home point

Any thoughts on what is going on? I am starting to suspect some kind of loose contact. Will open her up and do a full inspection before next flight.

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks Rob

PS: All firmware is upgraded and up to the latest level.
PS2: See iphone screenshot after the auto-landing

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    268.3 KB · Views: 471
I can't help you with what happened - but I am very glad yours came down safe and sound right by you - and didn't plummet from a great height or drift off into the distance.

Maybe something went right after something went wrong.

robschoemaker said:
2. Battery was still at 76% and all of a sudden the alarm of my iphone sounded, and the battery indicator turned red. Also the lights on the phantom started blinking red. Next, it looks like the phantom went into some sort of auto-landing mode and started to descend slowly. I touched the throttle to see if I still hd control, and the phantom would ascend as a reaction. However, when I let go of the sticks it started to descend again and landed perfectly. (this seemed to be a very controlled landing).
BTW: It didn't fly back to the home position, but just descended at the position were it was at that time. About 20 meters from home point

I encountered #2 a few weeks ago and it didn't end well. Six minutes into a fully charged battery I made a close pass and noticed two solid greens and a flashing green on the battery. Within the next 60 seconds I made a pass out over a small lake, did a 180 degree turn and started heading back directly toward me when suddenly the forward speed slowled significantly, then it made a perfect landing, but 30 yards from the shoreline in 30 feet of water. It appeared that the battery voltage just suddenly dropped and full throttle did nothing to stop the water landing.

My P2 was not recovered and I now have a replacement, but it will be a long time before I attempt another overwater flight without knowing the cause.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20