Invoke Fail-safe via X1 - can't regain control ?

Reaction score
Hello guys, my phantom is acting strange lately. I've set my DJI remote to activate the fail-safe via the X1 on the second ATT position; as advised. Turning that X1 back to the actual "ATT" setting used to regain the control over the phantom at first, but lately this does not work - should I activate the fail-safe mode; I can't regain control back again.

Anyone had this happen to them?

I'm not sure that using that slider switch to activate failsafe is the greatest idea. That thing can be bumped so easily. Try toggling it back and forward between atti and failsafe to regain control

Ozzyguy said:
I'm not sure that using that slider switch to activate failsafe is the greatest idea. That thing can be bumped so easily. Try toggling it back and forward between atti and failsafe to regain control

I'm pretty sure he meant S1 (the switch in the top right), not X1 (the gimbal control channel for the lever).

IceFireSoul, you can still try what Ozzyguy suggested, toggling the switch back and forth between atti and failsafe positions.

Well, in all cases, yes, I mean the switch upper-right. S1, or whatever it is : ) Once the issue kicks in, no amount of switching all switches to all positions would ever gain the control back for me.

I would plug the controller into your USB port and use the RC Assist software to double check the S1 switch bindings.

IceFireSoul said:
Well, in all cases, yes, I mean the switch upper-right. S1, or whatever it is : ) Once the issue kicks in, no amount of switching all switches to all positions would ever gain the control back for me.

In GPS, once enabled, control cannot be restored if it remains in GPS Mode.

If you switch to ATTI, you can regain control while it slows to a hover and remains in hover for 3 seconds, before returningto home.

If the controller reconnects to the receiver while returning to home, you can use ATTI mode to regain control, then you can switch back to GPS.

Leave the left hand switch all the way up and don't try to use it during fail safe.

In all cases, do not pull throttle stick below half way point until you regain control.

If you did not wait until the second set of multiple green flashes before launch, fail safe will send your Phantom somewhere, but it is unlikely it will be where you launched from. This is not a flyaway, it is a result of flying in GPS mode before a home location can be recorded.

hang on... is the OP in Phantom Mode or Naza Mode? Both toggles on the RC operate very differently in the 2 modes.
In Phantom mode, it's my understanding that the left toggle does nothing and the right toggle can be set to trigger FailSafe or NormalFly but it's not actually GPS or ATTI mode.

GPS and ATTI modes and CL/HL on the left switch only activate if you switch your Phantom to Naza mode I believe.

fwiw, I stick to Phantom Mode and use the right toggle to trigger failsafe all the time (I use it as a rth/descend autopilot) and regain control whenever I want. Granted, it takes about 2 seconds for FS to trigger or disable... the LED lights on the bottom indicate when the phantom responds to the command (yellow for FS, green for NormalFly assuming you have GPS lock)

agree you should make sure your RC has updated firmware. If it didn't, then definitely upgrade it and then do calibrations both in RC assistant and Phantom Assistant. You can verify your S1 toggle sending commands in Phantom Assistant... on the Basic / RC tab in the Control Mode Switch section... this is where you changed the toggle to be Failsafe yes? If NOT, then Failsafe is being triggered by some other means.
anyway switching the switch should show what mode it's sending via the slider below, just like how the command sticks and X1 levers move above when you move them around... the little chevron should be pointing to NormalFly and when you toggle the right switch down it will move to Failsafe. toggling the switch back up the chevron should move back to NormalFly.

again, my above paragraph only applies to Phantom Mode. disregard if you switched to Naza mode

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie