Invalid SD Card after 1.5 Firmware Update?

Reaction score
Soooo...I updated to the latest firmware on both my p3p and my rc controllers. All seemed well except when I put in my fairly new 32gb SanDisk Extree HC I 3 Class 10 micro sd card. When I put it in, it worked fine. Recorded fine. Then I shut down the drone to change batteries, powered back up and got a prolonged initiating sd card message, followed by invalid sd card. Popped the card out and then back in, worked fine. But every time I shut down for a battery swap I now have to pop the card in and out, this is not right. Doesnt seem to be doing it with any other cards... any thoughts?

I am going to try formatting it with the tool off of SDcard.org, but besides that I am out of ideas.

Again, this card worked FINE prior to the last firmware update.

I don't guess I've ever had a card go bad on me, so don't know what to tell you. But I'd keep an eye on that one. You have other cards to use that don't get the error?

Yes I have a few other cards that seem to be operating without issue. However I do believe this is some kind of firmware bug. I will investigate further and report back.

Yes I have a few other cards that seem to be operating without issue. However I do believe this is some kind of firmware bug. I will investigate further and report back.
If it was a firmware bug, it would do it on the other cards as well. Sounds like a bad card to me.

Formatting did not work using the sdcard.org app. Again, card works fine, but must be popped out and popped back in every time the bird is restarted. Card also works fine in all other devices. It would be a pretty serious coincidence for the SD card to "just happen" to have this weird form of failure right after the firmware update.

It may be causing the cracked shells-- :Dcouldn't resist that one

Just for an update, I replaced the card with the same 32gb brand, same issue, still didn't work. Replaced the bird, card worked fine. It was a firmware bug with that specific P3P.

Soooo...I updated to the latest firmware on both my p3p and my rc controllers. All seemed well except when I put in my fairly new 32gb SanDisk Extree HC I 3 Class 10 micro sd card. When I put it in, it worked fine. Recorded fine. Then I shut down the drone to change batteries, powered back up and got a prolonged initiating sd card message, followed by invalid sd card. Popped the card out and then back in, worked fine. But every time I shut down for a battery swap I now have to pop the card in and out, this is not right. Doesnt seem to be doing it with any other cards... any thoughts?

I am going to try formatting it with the tool off of SDcard.org, but besides that I am out of ideas.

Again, this card worked FINE prior to the last firmware update.
I don't have this problem, but on another device I needed a u3 card because of write speed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic