Introducing the Phantom 3 4K

Reaction score
P3%204K.jpg

We are delighted to announce the DJI Phantom 3 4K, a 4K Wi-Fi edition of our popular easy-to-fly Phantom 3 Series and our most accessible 4K flying camera yet.

This new Phantom brings 4K aerial film making to more people than ever, and includes many of the winning features that have made the Phantom 3 series the most popular flying cameras in the world.

These include a Vision Positioning System for stable indoor flight, 25 minutes of flying time, and dedicated buttons on the remote control for playback, video recording and shutter.

With more and more people wanting to fly in 4K, the Phantom 3 4K is ready and equipped with DJI’s most advanced technologies to bring aerial photography and film making to everyone.

Learn more

This is a pretty interesting Phantom. It sounds like it's basically trading the Lightbridge system for $200-$300. It will make some pause when they consider whether they really need Lightbridge In the P3P. For that money you could get a spare battery and case...

I'm wondering if anything else has changed. Motors etc..

Last edited:
They are stepping down as more countries are specifying you have to fly with visual line of sight which is normally no further than around 2,200 ft. So no need for anything more than the standard RC and Wifi extenders.
Makes since and at lower price too. Lightbridge takes it beyond what you can visually see with eyes on the quad.

They are stepping down as more countries are specifying you have to fly with visual line of sight
Even though, I still prefer Lightbridge since I don't have to hook up the Wi-Fi connection and it doesn't use my mobile device's Wi-Fi connection when I want to tether it to my iPhone to download the maps.

TX is gonna be different with the camera buttons .
. Lightbridge takes it beyond what you can visually see with eyes on the quad.
Roy ya don't have to have Lightbridge to do that .
3.04 miles.PNG

What exactly should we be noticing?
Tx... the Remote Control. It's the same as the Advance and Pro version.
Just re-iterating the fact that this is not just a P3S with 4k camera.
djiph34k.jpg

Reactions: Xorge
Yep. It does appear to be similar. I suspect there might be some differences with the antennas since it does not use Lightbridge.

Yep. It does appear to be similar. I suspect there might be some differences with the antennas since it does not use Lightbridge.
True. But I'm sure it has the RTH button, the programmable buttons, the shutter buttons, USB, etc. Everything except the Lightbridge.

From the DJI site
The remote controller of the Phantom 3 4K has the same function as that of the Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced, yet features Wi-Fi video downlink. The FCC compliant remote controller of the Phantom 3 4K has an effective signal range of 0.74 miles (1200 m) in open spaces.
Don't think it has the same device holder though .

Is the pro being discontinued? Are we losing lightbridge? This release is confusing to me. Smells like a downgrade.

Smells like a downgrade.
I don't think DJI is expecting Pro owners to "upgrade" to the 4K. It's just another available option for the Phantom 3 series -- just like when they released the Standard.

That's ok. I just pulled the trigger on the Advanced for the same price ;)
I don't blame ya Rad . I just like messing with the ones like this to see what I can do with them .
Not much I can do with the Lightbridge .:) Good luck with it ;)

Reactions: RadRich
Thank you, sir. Yeah, I'm getting a bit tired of the 1/2 mile (when it wants to) range and having the DJI Go app as the only option, while the Pro/Adv gets all the love.
I like modding, too, but I already paid a crapload on this Sam's Club special that I could have bought a Pro by now. I actually have 3 G.D. standard remotes now, lol!
Not to mention a FPVLR kit, and 3 Alfa antennas I was going to try out, and a bunch of u.fl to RP SMA wires. Was going to do a head to head and then sell the loser, but now that I'll have the P3A :) I can just sell the FPVLR kit and send those Alfa's back to Amazon for a refund. Keeping the P3S as backup.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you, sir. Yeah, I'm getting a bit tired of the 1/2 mile (when it wants to) range and having the DJI Go app as the only option, while the Pro/Adv gets all the love.
I like modding, too, but I already paid a crapload on this Sam's Club special that I could have bought a Pro by now. I actually have 3 G.D. standard remotes now, lol!
Not to mention a FPVLR kit, and 3 Alfa antennas I was going to try out, and a bunch of u.fl to RP SMA wires. Was going to do a head to head and then sell the loser, but now that I'll have the P3A :) I can just sell the FPVLR kit and send those Alfa's back to Amazon for a refund. Keeping the P3S as backup.
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: RadRich

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik