Introducing myself and "parallel" questions

Reaction score
Hi everybody.
My name is Gigi, I'm 48 and I live in Italy.
Few days ago I got my first drone (or whatever you call it), a P2V+. Of course I'll start asking things about this, for my usage, but not now.
My parallel questions regard the different usage of drones you may know: I mean do you know a scope to fly the drone apart aerial photography/mapping, farming, pipelines survey? Maybe something related to "first time reponse", emergency situations and so on. This because as I teach air traffic control, I'm investigating all the aspects drone-related may be good/needed to know. Please give me as much info/links/suggestion you feel they could help me.
Second question is about software: do you know if there are (even commercial) drone simulators? Not looking for a game but something having a real sense: different flight modes according to different drones, interface connecting PC and RC for a "real" flight experience, well: everything but a game.
Many thanks for a kind answer.
Beside this I'll keep on training my piloting skills, let you know my "career"...
Regards

Hi everybody.
My name is Gigi, I'm 48 and I live in Italy.
Few days ago I got my first drone (or whatever you call it), a P2V+. Of course I'll start asking things about this, for my usage, but not now.
My parallel questions regard the different usage of drones you may know: I mean do you know a scope to fly the drone apart aerial photography/mapping, farming, pipelines survey? Maybe something related to "first time reponse", emergency situations and so on. This because as I teach air traffic control, I'm investigating all the aspects drone-related may be good/needed to know. Please give me as much info/links/suggestion you feel they could help me.
Second question is about software: do you know if there are (even commercial) drone simulators? Not looking for a game but something having a real sense: different flight modes according to different drones, interface connecting PC and RC for a "real" flight experience, well: everything but a game.
Many thanks for a kind answer.
Beside this I'll keep on training my piloting skills, let you know my "career"...
Regards

Hi, the P3 comes with a simulator, not that they are difficult to fly needing a simulator.

There are some alternative uses, most of them such as moving beer cans to boats are a bit of fun but serve little practical purpose.

The most practical alternative use seems to be farming, everything from crop surveys to livestock checking. If you google this you will find loads of info.

Well, never thought a drone as a waiter, interesting! I' ll investigate deeper crop survey and livestock, thanks so much!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1