Intro and gimble issue

Reaction score
I just purchased my first quad, vision 2 plus v3, and am very impressed. I have mostly planes and a heli that I have been flying for a few years. I have to say I love flying the vision. It's as easy or as fast and fun as you want it to be. The video footage is really awesome as well.

To my issue, as I stated above its the new version with the gimble control on the radio. When I am controlling the gimble with the dial on the radio the movements are very jerky and fluctuate from fast to slow. When controlling the gimble through the app on my phone the movement is very stable and smooth as I would expect it to be.

I have calibrated all channels on the radio via the computer applications with very liitle change. It did improve slightly after my first calibration but it still no where near the smooth movement via the phone app.

i am curious if others are having this issue or if I am not calibrating it properly.

Thanks In Advance for the help and for all the information I have gathered via this forum. This place has been and will continue to be a great resource for my phantom flying.

I cant find the **** link.
Search here ain't the best. A user named MopBar figured it out.. So give him cred please.

What you need to is uninstall Remote Control Assist 1.1.
Download it again from DJI site and install.
Start the Remote Control Assist.
Plug in the Transmitter remote control and click calibrate - move all the sticks, then move the tilt-wheel up and down, then flickup/down with the Toggle switches S1 and S2 then click finish.
Close down the RC assist.
Start your phantom 3.6 Assist and calibrate again by moving all the sticks and then calibrate X1 (tilt Wheel).

Let me know if it works..

Mako79 said:
Search here ain't the best. A user named MopBar figured it out.. So give him cred please.

Plug in the Transmitter remote control and click calibrate - move all the sticks, then move the tilt-wheel up and down, then flickup/down with the Toggle switches S1 and S2 then click finish.
Start your phantom 3.6 Assist and calibrate again by moving all the sticks and then calibrate X1 (tilt Wheel).

Why do you have to re-install remote control assist ?

robinb said:
Mako79 said:

Why do you have to re-install remote control assist ?

There was changes in the RC assist 1.1. Pogrammers at DJI forget the basics. If you make alterations-iterations in coding/files etc, you need give it another version name. They should have called it RC assist 1.2 and told everyone with the new controller to download and recalibrate.

I had the same issues as you and to fix it, was simple. Go into RC Assistant first and calibrate both sticks, both switches and the wheel. I did 2-4 rotations/flips on each. Then go into the phantom assistant and calibrate them again. That made the tilt smooth and reliable. I didn't need to reinstall anything.

Thanks for the reply. I had already done the reinstall and calibration and it fixed it. But good to know if it gets jumpy again I shouldn't have to reinstall it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj