Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Intro and a few of my videos to share

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by martcerv, May 27, 2013.

1. martcerv

Hey guys thought Id join this forum as I am a new Phantom user and it looks like a great place for phantom info. I have been using GoPro's for quite a while and am a moderator at the GoProUser forums but have only had my Phantom about 3 weeks with very little RC flying experience beforehand. Its amazingly easy to fly so even though there have been a few crashes and close calls along the way Im getting the hang of it and have been well and truly hooked.

A short edit at my practice ground next door
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkjNGQ04Q8c[/youtube]

Here is a comparison video showing pretty much all modes in the hero3 black in a Phantom GPS hover.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztjLeJXNLd4[/youtube]

Looking forward to the DJI Gimbal and getting to a few more interesting locations.

2. pwright

Welcome to the forum! That golf course footage is gorgeous!

3. martcerv

Thanks, once I saw the sort of footage you can get out of the phantom I was hooked. After a bit of playing around and experimentation I have managed to be able to get some pretty steady shots in calm conditions, fighting wind does have a big effect and its not possible to keep level so thats where I am looking forward to the gimbal most. Even in calm conditions a gimbal will allow more maneuvers in flight without having a negative impact on the footage.