Into the ocean

Reaction score
Very sad today was getting some shot and my phone fell off the remote got distracted and push the down arrow by mistake and the see went down. I looked up to see where the bird was saw it was in the water is pushed up and luckily it flew up, but the controls were not responsive that we'll but able fly back and land it... question is would it be worth it to repair or just buy another phantom 3 professional ?

Very sad today was getting some shot and my phone fell off the remote got distracted and push the down arrow by mistake and the see went down. I looked up to see where the bird was saw it was in the water is pushed up and luckily it flew up, but the controls were not responsive that we'll but able fly back and land it... question is would it be worth it to repair or just buy another phantom 3 professional ?
HI depends how wet,,wait a bit might be OK,,very lucky:)done my swimming lesson,,,best of luck

I am assuming that the water was of the salt variety. If so, the battery needs to be discharged if possible and disposed of appropriately as the internal electronics will severely affect your quad and possibly destroy it. You can either strip the quad as best as you can and rinse with water, some people use a mild form of alcohol cleaner, and let it dry for a few days. You could try rice but that may be an issue when you try and clean out the battery compartment. Grab hold of a spare battery and try your luck.

Forgetting the battery and the burn smell..
If you had taken it apart as much as possible and rinsed out with fresh water and blew dry with light compressed air. You may have saved it. I did this with Hi Tech Telecom equipment that was flooded in salt water with amazing results.

Most electronics will survive a short dunking if immediately removed and NOT powered up.

For $356 you can get a brand new camera gimbal.

Amazon.com : DJI Phantom 3 Part 5 4K Camera : Electronics

Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik