International Use

Reaction score
I am taking a southern caribbean cruise in March to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Barbados, etc. Anyone else take their quads on a cruise with them? Your experience...

Is there any website to find out the UAS laws in foreign countries? An internet search did not reveal anything.

TIA

1st thing is to check with the cruise lines. A lot of them will not allow you to bring drones onboard. Then do a search on the island you want and add gov to the end I.ie. Saint Martin gov and you should find their website and info there to contact them about flying. Good luck!

Reactions: Wingman624
I am a US citizen living in China. I have taken my P3P with me on several trips (within China and domestic US). I have had some questions at TSA like (do you enjoy flying a drone?) (what are these extra Batts for?)....
But really have had no issue with travel. I have not tried a boat.
But if you get connected to satellites your should be ok.
Now if you are flying off the deck of a moving boat then landing using GPS would be fun and if it lost connection the Return to home would take it to well let's say not where you really want.

Reactions: Wingman624
@Clampit might be able to help with flying at St. Maarten

Thanks @robsquad :) more than happy to help.

I spent 3 weeks in Sint Maarten back in Sept/October of this year. I flew practically every day & was not confronted by anyone apart from the locals that were very interested in my drone.

You will be docking at philipsburg (Great Bay) that's the part of the island that I stayed & played with my P2;)

The airport is quite some distants from Great Bay so you won't have any problems with your Phantom being grounded, just remember to calibrate your compass.... For some reason mine just wouldn't calibrate:eek::eek: but I still got it in the air.

I didn't come via a cruise ship, I travelled by air but there were people coming off the ships with drones if that helps;)

To be on the safe side I would contact the cruise company as suggested above just to be on the safe side.

Hope,the above helps ya in some way & I'm more than happy to help out with any questions you may have. Just shout me;)

Reactions: robsquad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl