Internal Server Errors

dragonash said:
Seems like this board is falling apart recently.
Constantly getting ISE's

Whats going on?

It's a known problem and a solution is being put in place. It's just taking a bit longer than was originally intended. Stay tuned.

-slinger

The 500 errors are getting out of control. 1and1 servers typically crap themselves whenever they have to do any real work. Maybe it's time to migrate from the discount hosting to a real solution.

Looking at the amount of bots hitting this forum, i am not surprised if the hosting company didn't apply throttling now & again.

Yandex, chinese & russian search engines will kill your site if not moderated.

I am also posting at two other forums, nothing to do with quads, and have never ran into these errors. One site is free and the other you can pay a yearly fee and get some "extras." Don't know if a subscription would help with the cost of a better server here or not, but it might. The paid for site is not small. At any given time there are hundreds on at the same time, so it can be done and work OK. I will pass on a thanks to whom ever is working to get this place working without errors. Never an easy job.

everything on this site is slow.

I've been posting to popular forums for over 10yrs. Never came across situations like this. Even free, cheapo forums filled with anime emo's and flame threads... always loaded fast, never errored.

time to get a better host I think.

And I would have posted this 30 min ago, but every time I can back to post, I get ISE'ed

-
edit
and NOW! SQL errors! It's getting worse day by day

-
edit again - cant post. More errors!

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User dbo445254094 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Does Adam (Admin) participate in this forum? Is Adam the only technical member here ?

Whats the story with this forums provisioning - who does stuff to the updates & db etc ?

I dropped Adam a PM 3 days ago but thats sat in my Outbox.

Thanks

dragonash said:
everything on this site is slow.

I've been posting to popular forums for over 10yrs. Never came across situations like this. Even free, cheapo forums filled with anime emo's and flame threads... always loaded fast, never errored.

time to get a better host I think.

And I would have posted this 30 min ago, but every time I can back to post, I get ISE'ed

-
edit
and NOW! SQL errors! It's getting worse day by day

-
edit again - cant post. More errors!

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User dbo445254094 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Ditto:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402496109.357810.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402496109.357810.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 530
I'm having serious connection problems at this time, and only 6 users connected!, hmm situation. :(
Hope this gets fixed soon.
Crossing fingers with attachment.

Attachments

• 20140611085005088.png
    20140611085005088.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 516
This is typical 1&1 hosting. All it takes is one of the 1,000s of other sites to go viral and boom, you're screwed. 500 errors all over the place. I will happily pay for 1 month's hosting if we agree to move this site to a real host with some sort of resource utilization management. Mods, please share the plan for fixing this.

ianwood said:
This is typical 1&1 hosting. All it takes is one of the 1,000s of other sites to go viral and boom, you're screwed. 500 errors all over the place. I will happily pay for 1 month's hosting if we agree to move this site to a real host with some sort of resource utilization management. Mods, please share the plan for fixing this.

+1

The constant errors of this site on top the growing amount of people asking questions that have been answered so many times before is really starting to put a sour taste in my mouth regarding this site. May have to find an alternative forum. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Same here! Will the real "ADAM" (If that's your real name!) please respond!

This sight needs a dedicated server! PLEASE!

^ While posting this reply!!!

Jimmy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 453
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 508
Everyone, this appears to be a general problem with the hosting company, 1&1. See their FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/1and1?filter=2

This site needs to move to a real hosting provider. I've offered to make a donation. I suggest others do to.

Adam, mods, we need to know what you're doing about this. Silence is not an answer. Seems like we're just riding out the storm. It's a bad idea. 1&1 is a crappy little discount host. Even if it is resolved tomorrow, the site needs to move to real hosting. Most importantly, you can't leave us in the dark. We need to know today what is being considered.

ianwood said:
Everyone, this appears to be a general problem with the hosting company, 1&1. See their FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/1and1?filter=2

This site needs to move to a real hosting provider. I've offered to make a donation. I suggest others do to.

Adam, mods, we need to know what you're doing about this. Silence is not an answer. Seems like we're just riding out the storm. It's a bad idea. 1&1 is a crappy little discount host. Even if it is resolved tomorrow, the site needs to move to real hosting. Most importantly, you can't leave us in the dark. We need to know today what is being considered.

I asked for an update as well, and they locked the topic as being a duplicate of this one. So........if they're locking the thread, they're well aware of our frustration, and STILL choose to keep us in the dark. (BTW, no SQL error for 10 mins). :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj