Intermittent power issues... Need help!

Reaction score
Ok, so hopefully someone can help me pinpoint my problem. I was flying my phantom this weekend and I had two intermittent problems that occurred. I think it may be a motor issue but I am hoping for confirmation of this. I was flying and I tried to make a left hand turn. When I did so the entire left side of the quad dipped down. I stopped turning immediately and it recovered. I did this on a few occasions and it worked fine most of the time. Sometimes it would dip however and usually it would do it a few times before returning to normal. The other issue was when I was trying to bring the phantom back down. I had gotten my shot and I wanted to bring it back. When I tried to reverse the phantom it held steady and began to descend. This is at only 3 minutes or so of flight on this particular pack. When I released the directional stick it started to drop faster and go forward. I pulled back again and it stopped its forward flight but would not go backwards. It continued to drop accelerating as it went down. Didn't do any damage when it landed but I am concerned about taking it out again. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

I would take off the props. ( I always take off the pros when powering up indoors)

Download the correct DJI assistant software for your computer OS (Note: if you are using windows you also need the USB driver)

Install the software on your computer.

Connect the Phantom to your computer via the USB cable.
Start the Phantom as you would if your were about to fly it. (Note: when the USB cable is connected the motors will not start.)

Start the assistant software and do a full IMU calibration and calibration of the controller.
install the props.
Take the phantom out side away from any large metal objects (cars) and power everything up as normal.
Let it acquire the satellites.
Force a compass calibration by switching the S2 up and down 5 to 6 times, ( read the manual on how to do the compass calibration)

Then take it for a flight and see if the problem still occurs. Try to stay low and above a soft surface (thick grass) to minimize damage incase of a crash.
Hopes this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers