Intermittent " no signal "

Reaction score
I've got a P3S only 2 weeks old. It has been 100% until now. Last flight the red "no signal" started flicks on every 3 /5 secs and sometimes stays on for 2or 3 secs. Prior to this might have flicked on 2/3 times during a 20min flight. Flying same place as usual large sports ground in semi rural area. Is this a concern ? Any ideas appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

there is a firmware issue that dji are working on till an new update has been released we are grounded. not real impressed but after a total of 12h with tec support they finerly old me to wait for the update

Thanks I assume it is not safe to fly ? I've searched and doesn't seem to be a common problem.

hipwellt:
I am also experiencing the no connection issue and was wondering if DJI gave any clues why it is effecting some but not others. With interaction between app/mc/rc/ and ios/android device there many possible mixes of firmware levels. Any eta on the update or what component it would effect?

I do not feel confident flying with intermittent connection issues.

No clues and no eta we have just have wait and see. And as being safe to fly that depends on were your flying and if it's returning home when the signal drops out. DJI should find a fix soon . I hope

I've been experiencing the same problem. When I bought the P3S in November, it worked. Fine. Now, it constantly shows weak signal and RTH numerous times. Here's some screenshots:

Working fine:

Screenshot_2016-01-26-13-08-21.png

A few seconds later:

Screenshot_2016-01-26-13-08-47.png

RTH activated continuously:

Screenshot_2016-01-26-13-09-25.png

On top of that, the gimbal was doing this as well:

Screenshot_2016-01-26-13-09-02.png

I just wanted to get some pics and video of my kids sledding. This was as far as I got:

org_f01906855aa248bd_1453752121000.jpg

org_f48dee3ee1b3f36a_1453752015000.jpg

Can you track it down to be related to a firmware update? Since my problem unit in Aug, I see a new post on this form 2 to 3 a week.
I haven't seen it fixed with a newer firmware.

Can you track it down to be related to a firmware update? Since my problem unit in Aug, I see a new post on this form 2 to 3 a week.
I haven't seen it fixed with a newer firmware.

I did an update a few weeks ago, and with it there was something referencing cold weather flying IIRC I didn't fly it since that update until yesterday, and it was doing the things that I described. There was a firmware update today, which I did before flying, and it did nothing. The only thing that changed since today's update is that for some reason it defaults to Follow Me mode, and when I do a horizontal roll (if I'm describing that correctly), sidewards movement, the gimbal doesn't compensate correctly, the screen tilts. This is what I see when moving sideways:

Screenshot_2016-01-26-13-09-02.png

The only way I could figure out how to correct that was to reset the settings to default. That worked, but then I was adjusting my settings for distance, height, RTH altitude etc. and the same gimbal issue recurred.

You have found the gimbal and IMU calibrations in the go app?

I have had a few customers that have been having issues very similar. In most cases I find it to be defective hardware. Sometimes ribbon cable or internal board. Shoot me a message if u have any tech questions

I have had a few customers that have been having issues very similar. In most cases I find it to be defective hardware. Sometimes ribbon cable or internal board. Shoot me a message if u have any tech questions
If your reply is to me, I can send you a lot, but at this moment is everybody on this form with P3S and flying with a clear view (They can easily see it). They get Lost Remote Signal RTH activates.

I found that my software was upgraded on my P3S (my son gave it to me), but not on the controller (or vice versa). I don't know what effect this has, but I promptly made sure they were both upgraded to the latest. It seemed to fly fine before I did this, over 3 or 4 flights.

Has any one pulled the craft apart and checked the antenna lead and connection at the main control board ???? Just a new thought just a little out of the box

Could well be a loose/bad connection either in the quad or controller. That would explain the fact was OK initially now an intermittent fault.

mine is heading back to rise above Australia dealer no Monday and they can have a look I'll let you know what is the out come

Interesting discussion on this issue on the dji forum " Phantom 3 standard update ( rc signal lost issue)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen