interference questions/crash

Reaction score
been flying since november last year with my p2+ v3. never had any issues other than self inflicted
when i broke a cable going to the gimball in a tree crash.

yesterday while we are an RV park about 30 miles from home i tried to fly and get some
photos of the park and playground. we had a site located next to an open field between
our camper and the playground/pool area. would have made nice pictures.

i did a compass calibration, as we were 30 miles from where i last flew. things looked good.
before i started i waited for satellite count to come up, and at 8 i attempted launch. as soon as i hit some throttle,
the phantom took off hard and sideways up into trees, did some flips, righted itself on it's way down between
some trees, then headed up and away in the same direction into more trees. all this time i'm trying to bring it down with the tx, finally it crashed to the ground, broke a prop and bent the shell at the motor. wow this was not cool. i did not start video, so i don't have it. i was going to wait to get up a few feet to start recording.

i can only think that there was some major interference here at the park. here are other facts that may or may not be an issue.

approx 150' from where i attempted launch is a high tension power line. from what i have read there is no real
fear of them so i didn't worry about that, as i was going to fly away from them as i got altitude.
the other possible factor is the park has wifi for the campers. when i use the wifi analyzer tool on my android phone there are many many wifi signals being picked up, in a constant state of change, the individual signals
seem to bounce up and down in strength, and they seem to use channels 1, 6 and 11. but if i watch the analyzer the channels are always changing in strength. there are 8 or 9 showing in the analyzer at any given time.

can any of these cause the phantom to take off like it did? i have full stock phantom with no modifications except a gimball protector, which has been on since my first flight. i have had absolutely no issues with
flight since i repaired the gimball cable last december.

my thoughts are to send out for repairs, and while out upgrade any motor esc issues if found. i have not upgraded software since winter, as things were running fine and i didn't feel a need to mess with something
that was already working well. can the phantom be test run with the damaged case? i'd like to attempt that
when i get home and see what happens, but, it's also scary to think if it didn't hit the trees where would it have gone!

Sounds more like an IMU error. There have been occasions where the IMU has not decided what is straight and level and the data conflicts with the GPS. Plenty of people of here have reported the same thing, but I am not sure a definite reason was error agreed upon.

pictures of the damaged arm ,. is it possible to try a flight or should i just
wait until i get it repaired?

Attachments

• arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
  • arm2.jpg
    arm2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 335

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.