Interference in GoPro video

Reaction score
Just found some interference in my gopro video right after start up. I moved some wires around inside the phantom for my VTX just before this video was taken.
I'm thinking one of my wires is too close to another wire but not sure what to look for. This is the first time I've seen interference on my gopro videos.
What causes the most interference in the case? ESCs? Battery? Any other best practices for the zenmuse wiring layout?

http://youtu.be/j-7NMvIH5wc

BTW, the video did clear up after some time with only very faint interference during some hard lift.

Thanks for any help. These lines are devastating!

Edit: Phantom V2, Zenmuse H3-3D with anti-interference board installed.

Charged the batteries up and went out again. Had absolutely no interference this time.

After thinking about this, the earlier flight with interference was flown with the gopro's battery nearly dead. I'm wondering if the higher charging voltage coming through the gimbal when the gopro's battery is low was causing the problem.

Anyone else experience this?

Ah, that makes sense... I feel kind of stupid now lol. The blades are matching up with the lines in the video.Thank you.

beeps said:
Ah, that makes sense... I feel kind of stupid now lol. The blades are matching up with the lines in the video.Thank you.

:roll: :roll:

jason said:
beeps said:

:roll: :roll:

Thanks for the rolling eyes. Appreciate that.

It makes people new to the sport and this forum feel really welcomed.

Captain Obvious said:
beeps said:
Douchebag?

Just because someone describes twiddling their thumbs and using a RC quadcopter to capture videos as a sport does not mean that I would call them a douchebag.

Yeah. But you seem like you ARE a douchebag... :D

Fly in Manual mode. Now, THAT is sport.

Hi beeps, at the risk of encouraging some disparaging remarks from other users, I seem to have the exact same video issue. Not noticed it before this weekend (been flying over the last 6 months) and only there seemingly at the start of a flight. If you don't mind me asking, what was obvious and is there a work around? I'd rather feel stupid with a quick fix than wasting time ripping it apart only to find out later that there was no need. (Phantom 2, H3-3D & hero 3+ silver)

You can one of three things lower the angle of your camera, do not directly into the sun or buy or make a sun hood to block the props shadow. here's photo of a sun hood I made and it works every well. If you're using either ultra or medium settings on the camera you will see the hood in your videos so will have to shorten the depth of the hood. The plastic was from note pad cover which is very lightweight.

IMG_2538.jpg IMG_2540.jpg IMG_3286.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Grips

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4