Interference from Cell Tower?

Reaction score
My P2V+ should be delivered sometime on Monday here at work and I thought I'd charge the batteries up and take it for a spin out in the parking lot. We have some sort of cell tower at the edge of our property and aside from the hazards of flying close to it with the cables that tether it to the ground, will these interfere at all with the transmitter/receiver of the P2V+?

Attachments

• IMG_20140425_125017083 (732x1024).jpg
    IMG_20140425_125017083 (732x1024).jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 463
Personally I've stayed as far away from cell or radio masts and power lines as I could - until last week. The client neglected to tell me about the cell tower on the property until I was on-site. Nice. So, I took that tower's photo and gave it a good talking to. It did not jump out and grab my aircraft and I noticed no ill effects as I shot the property from four sides. I did however go around the tower rather than over it. Your mileage may vary. :)

The only time I have had interference issues there were no radio masts in sight. The property was however lined with steel cargo containers on which I put all the blame. I couldn't get my Phantom Vision out more than 10 feet before the video signal dropped. Finally had to leave the property (so I wasn't in a ring of steel) and was able to get the shots the client needed without breaks in the signal.

Attachments

• Cell Tower.jpg
    Cell Tower.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 461
  • Ring-of-Steel.jpg
    Ring-of-Steel.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 387

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members