Interference between FPV equipment and Transmitter

Reaction score
I have a diversity 5802 monitor which is mounted above my standard DJI transmitter. They are not supposed to interfere with each other, but if you have the monitor on and looking at the video from the Phantom and then switch the transmitter on, you start seeing intermittent interference rolling across the screen. When I mount the monitor on a tripod the effect is much less apparent. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem. I'm using the 200mw Boscam transmitter and I was only able to get ~800 meters before the signal was unusable. I'm using RHCP antenna on the transmitter and have a directional and a RHCP omni on the receiver.

Tried channels 3 and 4 which seem to have the most output power.

jondrew said:
I have a diversity 5802 monitor which is mounted above my standard DJI transmitter. They are not supposed to interfere with each other, but if you have the monitor on and looking at the video from the Phantom and then switch the transmitter on, you start seeing intermittent interference rolling across the screen. When I mount the monitor on a tripod the effect is much less apparent. Anyone else have this problem?

It must be something related to the DJI stock tx itself, because i use FrSky Taranis and i didnt get any issue at all.

Did anyone find any solutions to this ... I have ordered a new diversity monitor to see if it would be any better but the other day I was using my goggles and they were perfect until I held the transmitter closer to my head and then noticed some interference so I think that's where its coming from .. ?

I did... but it was because the Boscam wasn't tuning into the correct channel. I settled in on Channel 8 on my DJI AVL 58 (it's a boscam) and Manually tuning to C-1 on the Boscam.

d4ddyo said:
I did... but it was because the Boscam wasn't tuning into the correct channel. I settled in on Channel 8 on my DJI AVL 58 (it's a boscam) and Manually tuning to C-1 on the Boscam.

Worked here too. Was having huge interference on channel 4 (which I read was the strongest) but channel 8 is clearest

interesting topic, thanks guys. I am running on channel 7 and I get horrible interference when I turn my RC on and only 20 or so meters of range before it's unusable. I'll try fiddling with channels...

can someone elaborate on how some channels have "more power" than others? what does that mean exactly like why would the vTx push more power on one channel than others? I thought the channel was just minor variation in frequency

Actually nope, thought it was working better on CH 8 but still getting terrible interference

I just tried my setup from a park on a river so I could fly without buildings and stuff nearby and I was getting a couple hundred meters before the signal broke up, and that was on the shitty stock antennas on both sides so I'm pretty sure now that my problem is both antennas and interference near my apartment.

super looking forward to having nice antennas

Ghostmaster…I see you have the FrSky Taranis..I just bought that a few weeks ago, any tips on setting it up for the phantom 2? I am new to this and this is the first time I would be setting it up…could you PM me with any help possible? I would greatly appreciate it…haven't even had the chance to attempt anything because of work but starting to get some free time now so I would like to set it up..Thanks…by the way I have the Taranis x8r Rx also…Thanks for any help

NYRangers99 said:
Ghostmaster…I see you have the FrSky Taranis..I just bought that a few weeks ago, any tips on setting it up for the phantom 2? I am new to this and this is the first time I would be setting it up…could you PM me with any help possible? I would greatly appreciate it…haven't even had the chance to attempt anything because of work but starting to get some free time now so I would like to set it up..Thanks…by the way I have the Taranis x8r Rx also…Thanks for any help

First install companion9x on the PC, next the Phantom 2 assistant.

Go to this website and check if any Nada/phantom template work for you, it should work with some minor changes.
http://rcsettings.com/index.php/viewcat ... ultirotors

Have fun.

How bad is this interference? I am choosing this monitor between with the black pearl 7, i will be using the phantom stock tx. Did you use helical antennas? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its definitely noticeable for me, the first flight was almost unflyable without me trying to touch the transmitter antenna to get clear picture, but i flew it yesterday and there was not much at all (there were still points where i had to move the transmitter antenna to get clear picture but nothing like the first flight) it very well may be outside interference to

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik