Interesting way to cal compass

Reaction score
Saw a thread on the tarot 680 and was poking around YouTube and found this video.

http://youtu.be/ZlYwtbZofYU

Not sure what this guy is saying, but around 2:40 into the video he calibrates his compass by spinning his body around instead of turning spinning the hex. I think I like that. I always feel like I'm going to drop my quad when I spin it.

By the way, if anyone knows the language can they figure out what the guy in the tree is up to?

jondrew said:
Saw a thread on the tarot 680 and was poking around YouTube and found this video.

http://youtu.be/ZlYwtbZofYU

Not sure what this guy is saying, but around 2:40 into the video he calibrates his compass by spinning his body around instead of turning spinning the hex. I think I like that. I always feel like I'm going to drop my quad when I spin it.

By the way, if anyone knows the language can they figure out what the guy in the tree is up to?

I watched all of the DJI Phantom setup videos that used to be on their site. They showed this same method to calibrate the Phantom compass and this is the only way I have done it.

Can't help on the language.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always done it the other way (using the aircraft as the center point of rotation, instead of me), but as long as the compass goes through 360deg of readings in both axis, I think it's fine either way.

I do the body spin rather than spinning the multi itself. It works fine.
Try spinning the multi itself with 7kg of S800 in your hands........

Isn't it why it's called compass dance?

I'm among the dancers' faction.

OI Photography said:
I've honestly been hoping some bystander asks about it sometime, just so I can tell them "You have to wind it up first"

Just great! You gave me the laugh for the day! Thank you for that! :mrgreen:

You have to wind it up......hehe. If you don't wind it up right it can get angry and fly away....... :lol:

I've done it both ways. The 'dance' is just easier (for me).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers