Interesting TapFly leg in a P4P flight

Reaction score
A few days ago I used TapFly for the first time. I didn't realize that the aircraft would not maintain its current altitude when I selected the point toward which it should travel. My unfamiliarity with the function resulted in an interesting section of flight. I'm glad that obstacle avoidance worked, at least enough to prevent a crash, despite the fact that the sun was setting and despite the fact that it was treetops which were being avoided. Yep, Clint, I was feeling lucky!

When using TapFly there is a horizontal line on your screen. Tap above it and the drone climbs. Tap below it and the drone descends.

Left and Right of center are obvious.

I've tested this on the golf course and it appears to level off at 25-30 feet in a descent.

AD

When using TapFly there is a horizontal line on your screen. Tap above it and the drone climbs. Tap below it and the drone descends.

Left and Right of center are obvious.

I've tested this on the golf course and it appears to level off at 25-30 feet in a descent.

AD
NOW you tell me! :) Actually, after my adventure, I went and watched a video about TapFly, learning that those green arrows have meaning. My guess is that the downward-facing sensors attempt to maintain the margin you speak of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20