interesting shot I just got with my bird..

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 5.03.39 PM.png

Very nice! Sick picture. Where is this? I have been wanting to bring out my P3 as a thunderstorm is approaching, but I chicken out because of the strong gust of winds before the storm and also I'm afraid of electric interference messing around with my P3's internals.

Reactions: JBJO and Romans109
You are very lucky my friend! Lightning it hard subject to capture. I have toyed with buying a device that snaps the shutter on my DSLR when it 'sees' lightning to increasing the chances of catching it. :)

Reactions: JBJO
Its in Jacksonville Florida.. During the spring its not uncommon for a thunderstorm to roll up around late afternoon..

Funny thing.. the image on my computer / sd card is actually quite a bit more impressive in person.. By the time I transferred it to my desktop and then to the post above, it lost a bunch of depth and clarity..

Reactions: captainmilehigh
You are very lucky my friend! Lightning it hard subject to capture. I have toyed with buying a device that snaps the shutter on my DSLR when it 'sees' lightning to increasing the chances of catching it. :)
Used to get lightning shots with my SLR. Dark night, shutter on bulb & wait. As soon as i got a flash I released the shutter & started again.

Reactions: JBJO
Its in Jacksonville Florida.. During the spring its not uncommon for a thunderstorm to roll up around late afternoon..

Funny thing.. the image on my computer / sd card is actually quite a bit more impressive in person.. By the time I transferred it to my desktop and then to the post above, it lost a bunch of depth and clarity..
That's where it looked like. I'm just up the road in Nassau County. But, I too am chicken to fly when a storm is close. My P3s might end up in Oz. [emoji946]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues