Interesting Quad TED demo

Reaction score
Not a Phantom but interesting to see the sort of things possible with a quadcopter in this demo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ[/youtube]

You can do the "memory" thing with a Phantom - put it in GPS mode, set it hovering around eye level, grab it and walk a few metres, then letit go.

It will zip back to roughly where you left it. Mind you, it's NOT happy while you're pulling on it!

One thing you must remember. Each quad on that TED had a pilot. All the neat stuff was computer controlled but each pilot had their finger on the trigger just on case.
The presenter is incredible. Google him and see what else he is doing. Pure genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this on here a couple of months back but its nice to see others have found it as it is well worth a full watch I was blown away by it and still love watching it! Safe to say the brains behind those quads will be doing very nicely for themselves! It does make you wonder though... This is tech that is shown in the public domain so can you even imagine the secret military projects these days!

DeweyAXD said:
I posted this on here a couple of months back but its nice to see others have found it as it is well worth a full watch I was blown away by it and still love watching it! Safe to say the brains behind those quads will be doing very nicely for themselves! It does make you wonder though... This is tech that is shown in the public domain so can you even imagine the secret military projects these days!

I've posted this before but that Ted Talk got me in to quads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic