Interesting News

Which is a vivid example of why I think they did this in the first place. They want to be viewed as being proactive rather than reactive. They want regulatory authorities to be thinking good thoughts about them as we move forward into a brave new world of stricter regulations on what we do.

But as long as there is YouTube there will be plenty of evidence for regulators to know that a large number of us cannot be trusted to exercise common sense to any degree.

Key point in there (some people are still confused about this):

Company spokesman Michael Perry says "even if you fly in manual mode and you fly into the zone, and there is a GPS signal, you are still going to be subject to the safety features".

I can't blame dji. For every 1 good YouTube I see, I also see 8 or 9 bad ones. Not bad like the person picked a bad song but bad as in dangerous flying. Heck most of them are posted here on the forum. No one like regulations but as someone who does his fair share of flying, I don't want to be stuck on the runway in a full plane because some idiot wanted to get pics of the airport from his phantom. While the phantom isn't a heavy craft, it can go fast enough to hurt someone. Fly across a highway and you can distract a driver and cause a deadly crash. I think the phantom is great but there are a lot of flyers who don't understand how or where to fly. I wouldn't be opposed to them saying if you fly in the US, you need to obey FAA laws.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers