Interesting first flight...gimbal and camera go crazy during flight.

Reaction score
Good first flight. Brand new out of box. Upgraded all firwmare; bird, batter, and RC. Calibrated compass and IMU. Stayed in "beginner" mode and took some video and stills.

Two part flight. Took off, up and down, then landed (hand caught). Took off again, flew the same pattern, up and around a little (beginner mode doesn't allow for much). Towards the tail end of the flight the camera instantly turned to a position, then the gimbal went limp, then it camera instantly turned in a number of very direct positions. As I watched this on my iPad I assumed it was crashing to the ground as the image being presented was "side ways" but as I looked up the bird was fine just the gimbal and camera were acting up. And by "acting up" I mean violently moving to different positions and going limp.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Well, while it was doing that I was thinking about what pants I would wear home. ;-) The picture on the iPad was basically sideways and I figured..."hey if it's falling to the earth you should at least watch it." I was not touching anything on the iPad only the RC. Can it do it's own gimbal calibration when it wants?

Healthy drones doesn't show me anything out of the ordinary.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj