Interesting Farmer Encounter

Reaction score
. A friend of mine told me this story of an encounter he had a while back when he was on vacation. He lives in the city and doesn't feel comfortable flying over the suburbs so he was really excited about flying over some farmland on his vacation in the deep south.

According to him:

He found a suitable place along a country road and launched his Phantom. As his battery dwindled, he decided to cancel the low battery RTH and fly just a few more minutes. Before he knew it, his battery level was critical and his Phantom started auto-landing. Noticing it was coming down over fairly flat land in a farmyard, he opted to let it land.

After it landed, he went to retrieve it. Noticing the farmyard was near a house, and being a responsible pilot, he went to the house to explain the situation and get the owner's permission to walk across the farmyard to retrieve his Phantom. He knocked on the door and was met by an old gentlemen in overalls. As he told the story, the old man shook his head and wouldn't give him permission!

The conversation, according to my friend, went something like this:

Farmer: " It's MY drone. It's on MY land, it's MY drone. "

Friend: "Sir, it's MY drone. It just accidentally landed on your property. I just want to get it and I'll be on my way. "

Farmer: "It's MY property, MY drone. "

Friend: "Sir, I live in the city. I'm on vacation and it's the only chance I have to shoot pictures and video of this beautiful country. You live here all the time. You get to see this beauty every day!"

The farmer seemed to entertain his plea fir a minute, then said, "I'll tell you what. We'll settle this the old country way. "

"What is the 'old country way'?", my friend asked.

"Well, " the old farmer replied, "It works like this. We'll take turns kicking each other in the crotch (although he used a different term) and the last man standing gets the drone. "

My friend said he thought about it a minute and since he was much younger than the old man, decided it wasn't much of a challenge. He agreed.

" I'll kick first, " the old man said.

My friend braced himself and told the old man to give it his best shot. The old man kicked and landed quite a good blow. My friend went to the ground in pain, trying to catch his breath. After he regained his composure, he struggled to his feet.

Looking angrily at the old man, he said "Ok. Now it's my turn", to which the old man replied, "Aw, you can have your drone, " and went back inside the house.

I fell for his whole stupid story right up to the end.

Last edited:
Tom Jones  yeah.gif

Reactions: BigAl07 and Pharm
LOL! I took it hook, line, and sinker :)

Reactions: dirkclod
I don't find this particular list has anything worth remarking on .. quite disappointed really ..this isn't the usual quality the lists have.. it looks like two different people have written it .. one who can write and one who can't ....
Yet you did ;)

Reactions: Pharm
I don't find this particular list has anything worth remarking on .. quite disappointed really ..this isn't the usual quality the lists have.. it looks like two different people have written it .. one who can write and one who can't ....
List? What list? I don't see a list anywhere.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
List? What list? I don't see a list anywhere.

Most likely referring to the 'thread'.

The poster also has a pet peeve about writing but apparently not punctuation! :p;):rolleyes:

Reactions: Pharm
Most likely referring to the 'thread'.

The poster also has a pet peeve about writing but apparently not punctuation! :p;):rolleyes:
Or proper terminology. Or a sense of humor. BTW, I'm the one who CAN write. My alter ego is the one who can't write. I'll be more careful next time I post something here on the professional writer's "list." ;)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl