interchanging gimbal parts

Reaction score
so after reading all of these posts by people on here about gimbals, i find that there are some features on certain gimbals i like, but not one has everything i want in one single gimbal (primarily brushless motor and being able to attach a gopro with casing). then a thought occurred to me, why not mix and match gimbal parts (upgrade). like getting the X2-PhantoMount and then upgrading to brushless motors. so what do you guys think?

A very important thing about gimbals is center of gravity. You wouldnt want the motors to be working extra hard balancing itself out. One example of a gimbal that will allow the use of the waterproof casing is the Yun-1 Brushless gimbal.
You would probably have to rig some way to mount the brushless motors inplace of the standard servos with that X-2 Phantom Mount, as well as the brushless control board.

if weight and size were no issue, yes it would be great to keep using the waterproof housing.

But then reality sets in and you realize that the waterproof housing is too big and kludgy, adds a serious amount of weight (90g), doesn't allow FPV, and adds additional glass in front of the lens. - and that weight not only will sap flying time, but will make the servo's work harder (or slower).

the Yun1 with the waterproof houseing might not fit very well under a Phantom.

Once you let go of the desire to use the waterproof housing, the more options you'll have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers