Intelligent Flight Modes Freeze My Video Feed!

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a P3S to a P3A. I often used intelligent flight modes on my Standard with no problem at all. This past weekend, I went to use intelligent flight modes on my Advanced after it was in the air. I would switch from "P" to "F", choose my mode, enter the appropriate information for the mode, and a few seconds after the intelligent flight mode actually began, my live video feed would freeze! I still had complete control over the aircraft... just no video. I landed it, shut down the bird, the remote, and the app, restarted everything and it was fine again... until, I tried to begin another intelligent flight mode, at which time it did the same thing. All firmware in the aircraft, remote, and batteries are up to date. Any thoughts on why this would be occurring and how to correct it?

Thanks!

Which mobile device are you using? Does this happen when not recording video in DJI GO?

I am using a Motorola Moto X (Android 5.1). IT's the same device I've used for the past 9 months or so without any issues on my Standard. This is something new since I upgraded to the Advanced. I've flown an hour+ in "P" mode with and without video recording and have taken multiple photos as well and it has never frozen up the video in "P" mode... only in "F" mode and only once I have actually started an intelligent flight.

It's not related to flight modes I believe your tablet doesn't have the capacity to save videos for long.

It's not related to flight modes I believe your tablet doesn't have the capacity to save videos for long.

I appreciate the reply, but I have used this device to record many many hours of footage with zero problems in the past. Additionally, have no problem recording video while in "P" mode at any resolution for any amount of time. But back to the original problem (since this has nothing to do with video recording). My LIVE video feed is freezing when I begin an Intelligent Flight Mode...

There is a clear distinction between choppy live video and video freezing as the first is due to weak signal or interference but the vide freezing could be due to hardware or buggy SW.

If you say you were able to record live videos in past and assuming nothing has gone bad with your hardware, you seem to have issues with software. Close all other running apps, keep tablet into airplane mode and try again. We got to figure out the cause of freezing: unable to process data in real time.

Reactions: Geramy
You've gone from a P3S which has very low video resolution in the feed to a P3A which uses lightbridge and thus a superior video feed, chances are your Moto isn't up to the job, my suggestion is to borrow beg steal a better device.

Reactions: Quest-So
You've gone from a P3S which has very low video resolution in the feed to a P3A which uses lightbridge and thus a superior video feed, chances are your Moto isn't up to the job, my suggestion is to borrow beg steal a better device.

This isn't true. Yes, the technologies are different (wifi vs Lightbridge) and yes, the Lightbridge does have lower latency and longer range... but as far as the feed coming in from the bird, both the Standard and the Advanced are 720p @ 30fps... and both record on the card at (up to) 2.7k. Also, I've been able to successfully use the Facebook Live feature... which, if anything is going to choke the hardware, that would. The hardware of the Moto isn't the problem.

Geramy, don't trick yourself by refusing to accept even P3S & P3A have both the same downlink video format (720p), it doesn't mean the stream is identical to these, since the bitrate seems to be way different, hence Moto X copes with the low bitrate P3S while it hiccups when having to deal with P3A's lightbridge. I can understand all your arguments, but do yourself a favour and borrow an iPad, or if you want to keep the Android, then an Nvidia Shield K1. If you still have issues with these top devices, then it's the bird or the RC, the FW, well something. If not, then you have the answer, your Moto X.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues