Intelligent Flight Mode problem

Reaction score
20170608_205638.jpg
Hi,

New to this thread, and this may not be the right place for this, but I'll try. I'm not a novice. I've read the manual and other resources more times than I want to admit. Can't figure this out.

I just got my new P3 Professional Monday. I'm a happy camper! I've been flying the P3S for a while.

I'm having a couple of issues that may or may not be related.

(1) I have the P-A-F switch at 'P' upon startup/warmup. On DJI GO, a warning message comes up saying that I'm in Attitude mode. Plenty of Satellites (usually more than in the picture). I've cleared all warning messages. The message comes up every time I power up. And it stays up even after the green 'you are in GPS mode' message comes up below it and goes away.

Moving the P-A-F switch has no effect (it doesn't appear to have an effect on anything at all. Even when I switch it to 'A', it doesn't change anything on the screen, the little voice doesn't warn me I'm in ATTI mode or anything.

(2) As I said, til now, I've been flying a P3 Standard. I am very familiar with the intelligent flight modes and how to access/use them. But I can't seem to get them to activate on the P3P. The switch doesn't work.

I have upgraded the firmware.
DJI GO is up-to-date
I have beginner mode off.
Multiple flight modes on
I've disabled max alt and distance.
Re-calibrated the compass
13-16 Satellites locked.
Very good connection

I start in P mode, make sure I'm well over 10 meters off the ground (I tried it at 15, 20, and 50 to no avail) and flip the switch to F mode. Nothing changes on the DJI GO screen. No modes, no little button to expand the modes, no quad symbol... nothing.

Please help! Any ideas?

Thanks!

p.s. Above problems aside, I'm loving this thing! I cruised out about 2800 meters down a river this afternoon and it never broke a sweat! Although at one point on the way back, it did suddenly tell me that I had a GPS error and that ATTI mode had kicked in. So I kept flying in ATTI til GPS kicked back in... lasted only a few seconds, but I don't know why it happened.)

Sounds like a small step somewhere is missed unless there could be a problem with your controller . Try looking at this info and give it a try . The thread is below . BUG
How To: Enable Intelligent Flight Modes – Dronefly
Thanks. I did all that, to no avail.
I talked the support person at DroneNerds. After discussing possibilities and trying several things, we decided it would be best to send it back for replacement. The P-A-F switch is broken or has come loose inside.
Good thing I have a P3S to play with while I wait!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl