Intelligent flight mode: Failed to start...

Reaction score
So if I enable multi flight mode mode IOC is grayed out. Flip the switch to F and get message about Home Lock or Course Lock enabled. How do I turn the stupid thing off?

Flip the PAF switch back to "P". That'll disable the stupid thing.

Ok so let me explain a bit more. I am trying to use Follow me. When I enable multiple flight mode and flip switch to F I get a message saying Course lock or Home lock is enabled, I don't get the Intelligent Flight mode menu. When I turn off Multiple flight mode and flip the switch to F I get a message saying Course Lock or Home Lock enable Failed to start Intelligent Flight Mode. How do I turn off Home Lock and/or Course Lock so I can get the Intelligent Flight menu back? Probably a simple answer to this but I seem to be missing something.

Ok so let me explain a bit more. I am trying to use Follow me. When I enable multiple flight mode and flip switch to F I get a message saying Course lock or Home lock is enabled, I don't get the Intelligent Flight mode menu. When I turn off Multiple flight mode and flip the switch to F I get a message saying Course Lock or Home Lock enable Failed to start Intelligent Flight Mode. How do I turn off Home Lock and/or Course Lock so I can get the Intelligent Flight menu back? Probably a simple answer to this but I seem to be missing something.
Don't hit me. Are you hovering when you try?

Same problem here. Everything updated but no joy in getting the intelligent flight mode to work. After many attempts I did get the menu to appear once and did a point of interest flight. However have not been able to get it to appear again, all I get is coarse lock and home lock enable. Any advise help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Mark

So I tested intelligent flight mode this morning, first flight, switch to F, worked perfectly, got the intelligent flight menu, did a lovely point of interest flight, then exited the mode, went back to P flew some more then tried to go into intelligent flight mode but could not get intelligent flight mode back, All I can get is coarse lock and home lock enabled. So is anyone else having this problem?

I found a few problems when first using Intelligent Flight Modes. Easly resolved though.
I put up a video on Youtube sharing my experience and demonstrating my own inovation for the Phantom.
Its at
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Big_A

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Silvaplana
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for help, I can not activate F-mode. When toggle switch to „F“ , turns on the Orientation Lock window and no one can do. How to turn on the Intelligent navigation meniu?
image-jpg.25386

PS. DJI Phantom 3 Professional, Advanced settings>Multiple Flight Mode and IOC is ON.

Sorry for my bad English

Your altitude must also be at least 20m high. I flip to F mode after reaching altitude. Other settings appear correct.

I found a few problems when first using Intelligent Flight Modes. Easly resolved though.
I put up a video on Youtube sharing my experience and demonstrating my own inovation for the Phantom.
Its at
John Astley

Big_A

This was a very good video. Thanks for taking the time to do this..

I don't understand this site the link I pasted was
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try that

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31