Intelligent flight battery charging hub behavior

Reaction score
The weather has been terrible lately and I was expecting to fly over the weekend but it was too windy and wet for that. My batteries were pretty low and I didn't want to keep them stored that way for long. I moved the switch to "storage" on the charging hub and was expecting to have the lowest charge battery charge first and the higher charge batteries wait, similar to what happens in "charging" mode. Instead, all three of the batteries were charging simultaneously. That was a pleasant surprise. :)

Even if they charge simultaneously the current output of the charger is still the same, so each battery will charge more slowly. Bottom line, it won't shorten overall charging time and in fact I don't think the mode is even desirable for anything other than storage, as a single fully-charged battery is of more use than 3 batteries charged to 1/3 (in the same given amount of time.)

If you really want to charge multiple batteries at once the answer is one of the high-current chargers that can supply maximum allowable current to each battery simultaneously.

Reactions: Loz
I remember reading on the manual that you could update the software on the charging hub (little micro USB port on it) Have any of you done this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers