integrating phantom video with dashware/flytrex/etc

Reaction score
how does this basically work?

you get the video on to your computer and then "merge them" into these 2 softwares? which one first? how do you calibrate/synch everything?

thanks im trying to get the big picture of the process.

Basically the process takes two things. A video and a data file.

A couple common methods of getting the data file are Flytrex hardware that adds on to your aircraft or vision plus utility pro which runs on your phone/tablet and logs the data.

You open Dashware and select the video file and then data file. There is a synch option which you manually have to line up two common points. I normally start my video and run it until the bird lifts off the ground. I normally do this full stick so it jumps up quickly. At that point I pause the video.

Then you go to the sync tab and you can uncheck a box that keeps them tied together and manually slide the data until your elevation starts to lift off. That usually is enough to get it. I recheck the box so they are tied together and then drag through the run until I make a sharp turn with the Phantom to verify the video turn lines up with data turn. If so you are ready to export which is a saved video with gauges.

You can add as many gauges as you like as long as long as your datafile has the needed data for that gauge. Flytrex has a few things that the utility app does not and utility app has a few things flytrex does not.

wow thanks alot both of you.

special thx rrmccabe for your verbal explanation. im clear on the basic process and it makes sense to me now how it is all accomplished.

one last question: what if the video is edited?

1) what if the final video is all from the same flight but chunks of boring stuff was cut out?
2) what if 4 vids, which were all individually edited, were merged into a big one?

thanks again

nedro018 said:
how does this basically work?

you get the video on to your computer and then "merge them" into these 2 softwares? which one first? how do you calibrate/synch everything?

thanks im trying to get the big picture of the process.
You're asking how to use DashWare. All you need is a GPS logger and a video. There's nothing specific about Phantoms in doing this.

nedro018 said:
wow thanks alot both of you.

special thx rrmccabe for your verbal explanation. im clear on the basic process and it makes sense to me now how it is all accomplished.

one last question: what if the video is edited?

1) what if the final video is all from the same flight but chunks of boring stuff was cut out?
2) what if 4 vids, which were all individually edited, were merged into a big one?

thanks again
You have to merge and sync the video and data before editing. So you would sync all 4 videos then do your edits and the data will be correct. There is a good tutorial on the website and you can even try before you buy.

nedro018 said:

thanks again

As mentioned above no removing boring stuff in the middle first. Merge vid/data. Then cut out boring stuff (or speed up) after.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj