Insuring a Phantom4 Pro

You can find a list of commonly used insurers here.

Reactions: 3dash22
Insuring your drone is much better than what DJI wants to charge

To add what MS posted, State Farm is available in most states and usually is $60 a year for full value replacement with no deductible.
...and they also allowed my filters, batteries, backpack, but not my iPad. $2000.00 all told for a modest $60.00.

Reactions: macoman
I'm going through process with State Farm right now and they do require proof of purchase to set up insurance policy

Please keep in mind that a Personal Article Floater policy is a property policy with an insurance company. As such, any claim filed will most likely be added to an index and could result in higher premiums on _any_ property policy obtained in the future (homeowners, renters, etc.). Just something to consider.

Reactions: Daymon W.
Sheesh!! So sick and tired of all these"the sky is falling" people with having to tell us our rates will go up!!! Full replacement value of a $1500 drone will far out way any, if any increase happens!!!!

...and they also allowed my filters, batteries, backpack, but not my iPad. $2000.00 all told for a modest $60.00.
Hi, I'm in Australia tried to contact them but online form always have a zip code and because I can't enter it I can't make contact. Can anyone supply me with a general email address so I can make contact.
Yep $60 is cheap. Cheers

Sheesh!! So sick and tired of all these"the sky is falling" people with having to tell us our rates will go up!!! Full replacement value of a $1500 drone will far out way any, if any increase happens!!!!

I did not say it _will_ go up but there is that possibility. Something that people should know in order to make an informed decision. $1500? Much more likely $500 - $1000 claim.

My receipt submitted was for 1499 and that's what they will pay if I lose my P4P. That was verified! Your claim of them paying 500 to 1000 is based on what? Magic beans and smoke ?

My receipt submitted was for 1499 and that's what they will pay if I lose my P4P. That was verified! Your claim of them paying 500 to 1000 is based on what? Magic beans and smoke ?

Unless the entire kit is stolen, then I'd guess the cost less the remote. Perhaps just the repair cost, depending on how it's done. It's possible it would be less that the full $1500

Do you have other things insured with State Farm? Could this be the reason why your cost is so low?

I'm not SRJ_Phantom_4_Pro, who you were responding to, but ~$65 is the number I have seen quoted several times. It could be your area, perhaps, or they have updated their rates.

That said, I will be contacting SF in the next 2 days for coverage and I will report back.

Jlbourne
I do not have State Farm for anything else but the drones. $60 no deductible is what a bunch of other people across the US except California have also paid....
Unexpected and exciting news. I called up my SF guy and he said you guys are right and that I should expect a check in the mail for the difference.. [emoji106] [emoji3]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl