INSURANCE!!!

Reaction score
So i live in the UK and i want to get insurance, i do know of the BMFA but i don't know 1)if they do memberships for drones or 2) if they do then what member ship to get, please help.

Greetings Lancelot

Yes, BMFA welcomes drones as they are remotely flown aircraft. Membership includes insurance for hobby purposes, and they now offer an extended insurance for 'commercial unpaid' use. This allows a wider range of use including demonstrations for potential work. Paid work requires CAA approval after appropriate training. (I'm going through the process now).

BMFA membership is open to drone flyers, and you need to join as a Country Member -(which is how you join if you're not a member of a flying club). They include public liability insurance as part of your membership, with cover up to £25 million provided you are flying within the regulations.

Or for £15.80, you can get very similar cover from FPVUK.ORG - Join FPV UK - FPV UK

This is liability insurance and is effective whenever you are flying legally.

Got my Bmfa insurance on Thursday and got my membership card on Saturday, public liability insurance up to £25000000 for £25. Its piece of mind if i ever get the dreaded flyaway. Plus it looks good for drone pilots it shows we are sensible with our hobbie.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31