Insurance

Reaction score
I live in the US. Is there insurance I can carry to protect me and others from an accident? Also, I just got my iPhone 6 yesterday and paid for insurance that covered the phone if it gets lost (AT&T). Do you think this kind of insurance exists for a Phantom? Thanks!

The important thing you need is public liability insurance. Best way to get that in the US is to join the AMA.

American Motorcyclist Association (one I'm familiar with) American Medical Association, American Marketing Association, American Management Association, American Music Awards...

Academy of Model Aeronautics. $80 a year will get you $2.5 million in liability coverage. Of course you need to be flying legally

Academy of Model Aeronautics. $80 a year will get you $2.5 million in liability coverage. Of course you need to be flying legally

The AMA does not cover commercial use.

The AMA does not cover commercial use.
Original poster didn't specify if he's flying commercially or for recreation. AMA is a good option for recreational flying. I've been a member for a few years. I need to check the paperwork, but I assume the policy is written so members are covered if they are flying according to AMA guidelines. If you're not, you may be SOL. I also believe the policy covers accidental damage to the aircraft - but need to double-check.

Original poster didn't specify if he's flying commercially or for recreation. AMA is a good option for recreational flying. I've been a member for a few years. I need to check the paperwork, but I assume the policy is written so members are covered if they are flying according to AMA guidelines. If you're not, you may be SOL. I also believe the policy covers accidental damage to the aircraft - but need to double-check.

AMA only covers up to $1000 for loss of equipment. And if loss is due to theft the claim must be accompanied by a police report. A $1000 helps but it doesn't come close to covering the loss these days

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj