Insurance

Reaction score
How many people in the U.S. Got insurance with AMA ?
I know if I remember right a few people said they got insurance with State Farm for like 60.00 and it covered their drone against lost and all.

Reactions: Brian S
How many people in the U.S. Got insurance with AMA ?
I know if I remember right a few people said they got insurance with State Farm for like 60.00 and it covered their drone against lost and all.
I always recommend Liability of you have assets..

I'm thinking of getting insurance also.

I've been hearing some good things about this company called Verifly (I have no-affiliation with them). They provide you with on-demand drone insurance, so you can pay like $10/hr and then have $1,000,000 in coverage.

I personally haven't used it but a couple of drone buddies of mine that I helped start a drone photography business said that he's excited to use it for quick photo gigs, but definitely not long term since the price can start to add up.

Do any of y'all know the amount of insurance that comes with being a member of AMA ?

And what the cost is .

If you want to fly at a RC club field and join a RC Club field.
They require you to be a AMA member.

I am asking this cause I was required to have it at the RC club field that I am joining.

Tryin to see if anybody else uses it. And if its all you need.

Not getting much help here.

Join AMA Today

AMA gives you around $1 mil in coverage, I think. I haven't been a member in a couple years though. I think it is $70/year to join, but keep in mind this insurance does not cover you if you fly commercially.

Sent from my SM-G928P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I was a member of the AMA for years when I flew at oue local RC field.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

According to their site:

Member Insurance Benefit

$2.5 Million Liability Umbrella

$25,000 Medical Coverage

$1,000 Fire and Theft Coverage

According to their site:

Member Insurance Benefit

$2.5 Million Liability Umbrella

$25,000 Medical Coverage

$1,000 Fire and Theft Coverage

Ah yes...I already am a member. Didn't recognize from the initials. Actually one of my insurers recommended them for drone liability..good deal for $75

Do you need to go to somewhere like State farm to get insurance in case you crash your drone or if it flys away ?

Since AMA don't cover that.

If you're not already insured with State Farm they will not cover your drone, unless you're willing to start regular state farm insurance program.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you're not already insured with State Farm they will not cover your drone, unless you're willing to start regular state farm insurance program.

This is not true. I am not a State Farm customer and I just got a policy for mine. You do not have to be already insured nor do you have to switch to them to obtain insurance for your drone.

Reactions: shuz3
This is not true. I am not a State Farm customer and I just got a policy for mine. You do not have to be already insured nor do you have to switch to them to obtain insurance for your drone.

Exactly right. Not a SF customer, went in today, covered my P4, Nikon DSLR and Nexus 7 tablet for $60. He said it is for $3000 in coverage. Covers theft, damage, flyaways. Full replacement for items. I still have another $1000 left, he said I can even add any firearms if I want. Just have to have serial numbers and sales receipts for the items on the policy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think that's true. I've been emailing a locate State Farm agent to setup the policy and I do not have any other policies with State Farm.

Exactly right. Not a SF customer, went in today, covered my P4, Nikon DSLR and Nexus 7 tablet for $60. He said it is for $3000 in coverage. Covers theft, damage, flyaways. Full replacement for items. I still have another $1000 left, he said I can even add any firearms if I want. Just have to have serial numbers and sales receipts for the items on the policy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You got the sales receipts for all the firearms you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen