Insurance? (USA)

Here some of the e-mails I got back:

"This is xxx at xxxx xxxxx’s State Farm office. xxx is out of the office until April.
I called our Underwriting department regarding drones. The is NOT a policy that will cover a drone. It is considered an aircraft and we don’t have coverage.
Unfortunately I can’t help with the drone.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to call."

Thanks for the contact. I checked with a couple of our underwriters and they both said that we can insure a drone only under the general personal property coverage of a Homeowners or Renters policy but, that coverage would not apply to the drone if it is crashed. It would only include coverage such as if the property were stolen or damaged/destroyed by covered types of claims such as fire, wind, water, etc. The policy that you thought may cover the drone if it were crashed is a Personal Article Policy which does cover specific types of personal property such as jewelry, computers and certain sports equipment, but a drone is not one of those specific types of personal property that can be put on a Personal Articles Policy. It is too high of risk for that policy.

Hello,

I consulted State Farm underwriting regarding your Drone question. Drones are not eligible for coverage under a Personal Articles Policy.

If you would like to discuss servicing your current policies I would be happy to discuss with you.

Thank you,

According to my dad who owns an agency in most states you would have liability coverage automatically in your home owners policy.

Well guys, now I'm a liar haha! I just got an e-mail back from an agent saying it is up to the agents to cover them or not. I found one who will! So what I suggest is find agents in your area and send them all an e-mail asking if they will cover them or not. This is the e-mail I just got:

XXXXX, thank you for your inquiry into coverage for your drone. Per State Farm it is up to the Agent to insure or not insure a drone. Our office chooses to do so. It would be a part of your personal articles policy. It would be covered for non-peril meaning it’s covered for crashes. For perils (fire, wind, hail, etc…) it is covered under your homeowners as would be your personal liability. Minimum cost for the personal articles policy is $60 annually. We would love to earn the opportunity to be your Agent! Please let me know how I can help. My contact information is listed below. Have a great day!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj