Insurance (UK based)

pault said:
Any flying in urban areas would be likely to take you within 50m of a house so a lot of the YouTube videos would appear to be illegal in the uk. Should you have an accident and have someone sue you for damages, presumably our insurance would not be valid.

correct. can you imagine any insurance company NOT trying to wriggle out of a pay out. Especially, if we provide the justification to them on a plate? Remember, if you're trying to take off and land, the limitations don't apply. However, that doesn't mean you can just take off in front of your house on the road as an example. It comes back to applying common sense. The more justification we give the authorities to look at what we do (courtesy of complaints and stupid flying) the more likely they are to clamp down on us. It's easier to NOT give them the excuses. :D just sayin

Bmews

pault said:
Pull_Up said:
If you take the SD card out of your Vision then article 167 no longer applies...
I thought you were on holiday - don't read the forum too carefully, I have been talking behind your back ;)

Not on holiday yet, been getting little one's cast removed at the hospital, hence all the horrendous autocorrect errors and tapatalk double posts...

Interesting reading guys as I have just returned to the UK and wondered if liability insurance was required.

A little about data protection...

I was previously registered as a data controller, costs nothing and gives that little more credibility if you are to quote relevant DP laws.

Has anyone here from the uk managed to make a succesful claim for loss or damage of their phantom yet?

What insurance company are insuring these types of aircraft?

Thanks

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub