Insurance/ good warrenty?

Reaction score
Does dji itself offer good warrenty against crashes or fly aways not the user's fault?
Or a europe dealer that stands behind their products?

Or should i consider insuring the gadget?

borgqueenx said:
Does dji itself offer good warrenty against crashes or fly aways not the user's fault?
Or a europe dealer that stands behind their products?

Or should i consider insuring the gadget?

Simple answer to this is.... no

The issue is the phrase 'not the user's fault' and who has the final say on that. Buying from an approved DJI dealer is your best hope because they will hold your custom with higher regard than DJI will and of course they will have buying power with DJI.

All that said if you call even the best dealer saying 'It crashed and wasn't my fault' with no real evidence and a destroyed Phantom you will be on for a fight to get anything back. At best with video proof you might get a discounted replacement but it really depends on the evidence you have. The key is putting yourself in their shoes.... if you sold a Phantom on Ebay and the owner contacted you in 3 days saying its in bits because it wasn't fit for purpose would you pay them back?

Don't get put off by this. Fly aways are percieved to be less of a problem since the v1.1.1, P2, PV (better RX and better Firmware). Remember though that you are dealing with radio frequencies and magnetic interference (compass)... both are invisible and issues with either in the area you are flying can cause problems. Is it DJI's fault you chose to fly where you fly? Is it your fault you can't see the interference? DJI don't give any guarentees that you won't hit troubles based on interference so you can understand why they take the stance they do.

Ultimately it is a hobby that comes with risk of loss and it is for you to decide if that risk is too high.

Thanks for the reply. I had a ar drone and it crashed and had problems after every freaking flight.
I hope this one has less problems...alot less.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20