Insurance coverage transferred

Reaction score
As some of you know I drowned my bird two weeks ago. Sadly it was not recoverable. I had an insurance policy with Neary, who I found through here. Since I couldn't recover it I couldn't submit a claim on it. I was upset knowing I had a policy for a bird I no longer owned. I contacted Neary about the incident and they were nice enough to transfer the policy to my new bird. Along with the pictures of the serial numbers they now want a copy of a recent flight log to prove it is in working order. I provided the info and now have coverage again. I just need to be more careful around water from now on.

As some of you know I drowned my bird two weeks ago. Sadly it was not recoverable. I had an insurance policy with Neary, who I found through here. Since I couldn't recover it I couldn't submit a claim on it. I was upset knowing I had a policy for a bird I no longer owned. I contacted Neary about the incident and they were nice enough to transfer the policy to my new bird. Along with the pictures of the serial numbers they now want a copy of a recent flight log to prove it is in working order. I provided the info and now have coverage again. I just need to be more careful around water from now on.

Yeah, tough loss. I also have Neary coverage, and recovery is key on using the service contract for repairs. But since I fly over land (and trees) most of the time, I elected to install a Marco Polo tracker on my P3S. Hopefully if it does do something crazy it will be recoverable, even if it's in pieces. It was great that Matt (Neary) transferred coverage to the new bird. Good luck in the future.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have a special articles policy on mine through State Farm it covers everything even if it isn't recoverable. It's super cheap too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers