Insurance companies react to the word "drone"

Reaction score
starting at 3:59 if you don't feel like watching the whole thing:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mark C.
In a public place so could not watch video, however, if this is a serious topic, here are my two cents.

I work as a loss control type for a commercial insurance company. Construction companies are purchasing drone to save money on aerial photography of job sites. I started reporting on this to the underwriter and learned that drones are considered 'aircraft' (think, Cessna) and in each policy, there is an 'aircraft exclusion.' So most of these companies are flying drones with no coverage. No buggy in most cases, but for post construction checks on a building (avoid construction defect claims), people can scream about a drone near their window, so there are many considerations.

I am working to develop programs to address this, but if anyone is reading this that has a 'company drone' or fleet of drones, you are probably not covered. Contact your agent and they can address this.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

one of the agents I talk to in this video actually addresses this issue, explaining that what we fly does not qualify as the policy excluded aircraft because you can't "get into it and fly away" :)

Video quality is nice but I don't think this video fits into this section of the forum where members are asking for technical help.

Forum Administrator can move it. You need not bother.

How many people in the UK have or know of anyone who has public liability for a push bike or electric scooter or bike ?. To me this is the same type of thing you could still do the same damage or hurt someone as much if not more than a drone.

one of the agents I talk to in this video actually addresses this issue, explaining that what we fly does not qualify as the policy excluded aircraft because you can't "get into it and fly away" :)
That may be a state by state issue. I am in Florida. And remember, the people put the duh in floriduh.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic